Schuyler Defeated

Philip's POV

I was eating breakfast with my younger sister Angie when my mom came bursting into the room very worried and frantic.

"ma?" I asked just staring at her get her stuff together

"Oh don't worry honey I'm just going to visit your father he um.... forgot his papers" She rushed out the room into the bathroom.

I got up and nearly slipped over a newspaper that was laying on the ground. Angie was cracking up while I gave her a death stare as she continued to finish her breakfast. I look down at the newspaper and the headlines caught my eye

War hero Philip Schuyler just lost his seat in the senate to Aaron burr

Did mom know about this? I picked up the newspaper and walked to the to see my mother giving herself a braid.

"Do you know about this mommy?" I ask holding up the newspaper

"Yes honey and we need to go find your father now" She says rushing out pushing by me

"Grandpa just lost his seat In the senate

"Sometimes that's just how it goes"

"Dad's gonna find out any minute"

"I'm sure he already knows"

She grabs his papers and starts to head out the door. I grab her hand and she just looks at me shocked but smiles. We go further down into downtown New York.

Alexander's POV

I am not very happy when I see Burr just sitting their smiling and laughing like everything is alright. I march up to him and the people start to walk away.

"Burr!"

He looks at me and rolls his eyes

"What?"

"Since when are you a democratic republican"
"Since being one put me on the up and up again "

"Burr people don't know you "

"They don't need to they don't like you " He says and I hear someone giggling beside him. I look over and see a little girl standing next to him holding his hand. She waves at me softly and I wave back and shoot her a smile then I look back up at Burr.

"Alexander this is Theodosia Jr. Theo this is my work buddy Alexander"

Before I could go further down into the argument I see Eliza and Philip coming towards me with a bunch of papers. This can't be good.

"Eliza what are you doing downtown and with our Son!?" I asked shocked

She handed me some papers

"You forgot these" She said smiling

I know that's not the reason she came though. She would usually just leave them at home. She pushed past me and stood in between me and burr. She was really short.

"Good morning Senator Burr" She said while she curtsied

"Good morning Ms.Hamilton" He said while smiling. He ushered for Theodosia to sit on the bench away from the adults.

"How are the Theodosia's" Eliza asked

"Theodosia is my pride and joy she's fluent in Latin,Greek,and French"

"Pfft so am I" Philip said rolling his eyes. I forgot he was there. I bent down to his level

"Hey Philip why don't you go over and sit on the bench with Theodosia" I asked smiling

He rolled his eyes "Why pa I don't like her"
I remember I would always tell him the Burr's were trouble... I really meant just Aaron Burr.

"Come on make a new friend" I said nudging him towards the bench. he walked over their slowly and sat on the very edge far away from Theodosia. I heard Eliza and Aaron Burr  laughing so I went back to their conversation.

"And how is your wife?" Eliza asked
His face changed expressions quickly he. It looked like he lost his best friend.

"She is very ill" He said softly

"I'm not surprised with the chill" Eliza said very quietly

I felt horrible

"Burr I'm so sorry please send her my regards" I said Bowing

"Thank you Alexander now I must be going" He said bowing back and he ushered Theodosia over. She stomped over angrily and I gave Philip a dirty look he just looked shocked.

Back up a little bit

Philips POV

I walked over to the bench and sat far away from Theodosia and turned my head. I didn't like her one bit.

Theodosia's POV

I wonder why Philip was so mad. Maybe he got in trouble I felt horrible so I tried to start a conversation. I scoot closer to him and held my doll close to me.

"Hi" I said softly waving at him. I was only 7 and he looked a year older than me. He turned around and his hair was curly and he had about 100 freckles. He just gave me a death stare and looked me up and down.

Philips POV

There was no way she was fluent in French. Look at her...  a negro I just rolled my eyes and noticed she was holding on to a doll. I snatched from her and threw it behind us.

"HEY WHY WOULD YOU-"
I started laughing

"Haha tu es une fills stupide" I said giggling

She looked at me shocked. I knew her father was just trying to boast. I watched as she went and grabbed her doll and came back .

"Je me suis pas une fille stupide" She said hugging her doll tight. I was shocked she could speak French but that was just basic but still.

Theodosia's POV
I wanted to cry no I wanted to scream. Father was right Hamilton's are jerks But I though it was just their dad no it was all of them. I saw my dad usher me towards him and I stomped over there. He looked kinda shocked and we rode the carriage back home.