The Baby Bump

Philip's POV

We were expecting the Baby in January and it was November . Theo was getting more and more anxious as her belly started growing more and more.

"Philip I'm honestly really scared"

"Don't be its going to be ok" I reassure her

I felt her belly and the baby started to kick again.

"It's definitely going to be a girl" I whisper to her stomach

"Philip we love you"

"I love you both" I say kissing her stomach then her

The next couple weeks were kind of hard. Theodosia has been going through lots of pain with the baby twisting and kicking. I've seen my mother go through that when she was giving birth to Alex and James.

"Babe it's ok just calm down take deep breaths"

"I CAN'T PHILIP IT FEELS LIKE THIS BABY IS DOING CARTWHEELS IN MY BELLY!"

I wanted to laugh at that statement but she gave me a death stare. I sat her on my lap as she kept whining and moaning. She eventually passed out on my lap.

"Oh my sweetheart I love you so much"

Theo's POV

I went to talk to Eliza about my baby. It just didn't feel right but maybe I was just being dramatic. Philip probably didn't know much about growing a human in your body so I went to asks Eliza because she had 8 children so she probably knows best.

"Oh so you feel like your baby is twisting and doing cartwheels?" She asks concerned

"Yes"

She looked disappointed and scared at the same time.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but your baby could be born a different way"

I look at her confused

"It happened to me when I had Alex and James they were almost still birth and I almost died"

"DIED?STILL BIRTH!"

"Yeah it's common that both the mom and baby die but sometimes the baby could survive or the mom could survive or both but both surviving is rare"

I sigh and a tear comes down my eye.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to tell you like this" she says worried

"Does Philip know about this?"

"No when the doctor would tell me he would only tell me and Alexander we didn't want the kids to worry"

I start crying and Eliza hugs me. She starts crying also.

I may not live to meet my kid! My kid may not survive. We both may not survive! Philip is going to be heartbroken!

"It's going to be ok Theo I promise we just need to pray and let Jesus take the will" Eliza whispers

"Yes you are right"

Philip's POV

I come home and see Theodosia sitting at the table crying. I pour her a glass of the wine we had at the wedding and handed it to her. She looks up at me tear stained.

"Hormones getting you again?" I ask

"Yeah" she whispers

"Well I'm going to start cooking dinner"I kiss her on the forehead and leave to go to the kitchen

Theo's POV

If only Philip knew. It hurt me to write this letter but I knew I had too.