Talk to me

Theo's POV

I send Philip at least 1000 letters a week and hear no reply. I tried not to hold a grudge but whenever I think about what he said about my mother I just want to break down into tears. There is a winter ball coming soon so I ask my dad to go shopping with me.

"He Pa do you want to go shopping with me"

"Oh sure honey" He sets his book down and gets his hat and then we leave

I am going through the Red ribbons and bow ties and I spot a sparkly one that catches my eye. I stare at it for at least a good 3 minutes.

"Your mother always loved the color red" My dad says looking through the red ribbons

I remember it's around that time of year when she passed. I pick up the red bow and go to the front and buy it.

"He pa can we sit at the park"

He gave me a weird look. I just wanted to sit in the breeze. We walk towards the bench where me and Philip had that fight. It brought back bad memories.

"Hey pa lets find another bench"

"But this one is in the shade"

"I just don't like that bench"

He gave me a weird look and we sat at another bench. I put my head onto my dad's shoulder and fall asleep. I wake up in my bedroom wrapped in blankets. I let out all my tears.

The next day I decide to try and write another letter to Philip.

My dearest, Philip
I hope that the winter has been doing you and your family good uptown. I heard about the house burning down and I am really sorry about that. I really miss you and want to talk to you again...maybe at the winter ball? I know what I said was wrong and maybe what you said was wrong and I may have deserved it. But this time of year is really hard for me so I would love to hear from you again.

Love, Theodosia

I send the letter and get ready for the Ball.

My dress is red and sparkly with my bow in my hair. I wear it half up half down with Red earrings dangling down my ear. My heels are high which makes me almost a whole foot taller. I bring an extra pair of shoes just in case I get uncomfortable which I usually do.

"THEODOSIA THE CARRIAGE IS READY" I hear my dad call and I run downstairs and hop into the carriage.

The ball was boring and just the same old same old. A bunch of guys were staring at me but I just ignored them. One guy caught my eye though. He was tall,handsome,had Black hair and a muscular bod. But I resisted I'm still deeply in love with Philip. He noticed me staring at him and started walking towards me. I wanted to walk away but the world just froze for a moment. I felt like I couldn't move and he finally approached me.

"Hey young lady I've noticed you staring at me care to have a dance" He said bowing

I curtsied

"Theodosia Burr and yes I would love to have a dance"

We waltz around the ballroom having a quiet conversation which quickly turned into an argument.

"Women should always satisfy the needs of Men"

"We aren't just toys though we have feelings too"

"But we have jobs and when we come home from a long day of work and feel lust"

"You do know all women work and some have jobs too"

He raised an eyebrow

"Like who" He said smirking