🅲🅷🅰🅿🆃🅴🆁🆂🅴🆅🅴🅽

LIAM

"Are you okay, Ni?"

I watched the Irishman open what I assume was Harry's backpack, as I can't imagine who other than the nutty curly-haired lad would be able to put away as many Cheetos as I'd just seen Niall tuck into it.

He rifled through the bag's contents, not looking at me, and answered sadly,"I'm fine, I guess, I'm just worried about Harry, ya know?"

I smiled sympathetically,"You care for him a lot, don't you?"

He nodded, reaching into one of the bags I'd set on the counter and grabbing a package of juice boxes to add to the stash he was making for Harry's departure.

"He's gonna be so scared when you take him Saturday," he looked toward the bedroom sadly,"I've only just gotten him settled in a bit here."

My heart broke for the blonde,"Well, have you given any thought to fostering him yourself?" I asked, seeing the obvious solution to his concerns,"I mean, he'd still have to come away with me for a little bit, but he'd be back with you in no time at all if we got right to work on the paperwork and inspections."

Niall set the backpack down on the counter with a thud and came around to sit beside me at the island on one of the barstools. He leaned forward on his elbows and pressed his hands together over his lips, looking forward as if in intense thought. After a moment, he sighed deeply.

"I've thought about it, but how would I take care of him?" he voiced his worries to me, turning to me and raising one hand,"I've only been able to this week because I used a bit of vacation time."

I nodded, chewing on my lip, the wheels in my own brain turning as I truly did want to see the teenager stay with Niall.

After seeing them today, the patience the blonde man exercised with the slower boy and the trust that was obviously being built between the two, there was no denying the chemistry they had. I couldn't imagine that never coming to provision for them.

"Maybe we could work something out," I offered optimistically, putting a hand on Niall's arm reassuringly.

He shrugged it off, shaking his head in his hands and looking down at the counter frustratedly.

"No, this is one of those things that's just gonna have to happen," he stated firmly, he sounded a bit angry but I knew it wasn't with me.

"I won't bother you about it anymore then," I assured him, watching him worriedly.

"Have you told him about me yet, though?" I asked, glancing toward the bedroom where Harry had just turned over on his back in his sleep and was raising his hands above his head in some wild little dance he must've been dreaming about.

I giggled a bit at the sight and Niall turned to watch as well as the curly-haired lad's blankets slipped away from him onto the ground as he wiggled his entire body now.

"What is he doing?" I cackled, Niall joining in with me as Harry continued to worm his way to the end of the bed, never even opening an eye.

"I have literally no idea," he shrugged, wiping tears away from laughing so hard at the little performance,"I'd better go stop him, though, before he ends up on his ass and screaming."

I nodded,chuckling in agreement,"You do that."

The conversation was left unresolved, but there were far more pressing matters at hand. I watched the delicate scene unfold in front of me.

He rushed away and was carefully maneuvering Harry back to his pillow in no time shaking him a bit to stop his squirming.

Harry swatted at Niall's arm in annoyance and groaned, turning on his side and promptly rolling to the opposite side of the bed.