ELEVEN

THAT NEXT MORNING, you woke up and got ready for school

THAT NEXT MORNING, you woke up and got ready for school. You and Iwaizumi got ready and made breakfast together.

You liked this thing you guys had going on, it almost felt you you were a couple.

Almost.

You took both your plates after eating and brought them to the sink to quickly wash. Iwaizumi cleared his throat and spoke up, "Thank you for letting me stay [Y/N]."

Washing your hands after finishing up with the dishes you said, "Yeah no problem Iwa." You smiled at him.

You arrived to school a good 30 minutes early so decided to walk around the halls.

"I've got to stop by my locker first." Iwaizumi said.

You gave him a thumbs up, "I'll wait here."

Iwaizumi left to go to his locker which was not far from where you were standing. After grabbing what he needed he turned to you, ready to go back but saw two girls standing in front of you.

Deciding to wait until the conversation was over rather than interrupting he waited by his locker and watched.

It's not like he was eavesdropping, he just so happened to be in hearing range.

"Hey Maiha right?" The bleached blonde girl asked.

"Yup! What's up?" You smiled at them.

"You've been hanging around Iwaizumi lately..." The light browned hair girl said hesitantly.

Iwaizumi froze slightly at hearing his name.

You tilted your head and asked politely, "Yeah what of it?" You had no idea where this conversation was going

The brunette continued, "Well we know your good friends with Oikawa and we're worried about you." She leaned in like she was going to lower her town but didn't, "He yells and hits Oikawa all the time, does he do the same to you too? Maiha he's dangerous and if you haven't seen that side of him, you're bound to unless you leave now."

Iwaizumi felt his heart plummet. He knew some girls seemed to fear him but he thought it was because he was intimidating. Not this.

What if you thought this too? He doesn't think that you would but what if?

He frowned down at the school floor.

As corny as it sounded, he didn't want to lose you. Even if it just was as a friend.

He feared the thought of you fearing him.

He wanted to leave immediately but something stopped him. That little bit of hope that you wouldn't hate him. And oh is he glad he stayed.

He looked up at you to see your hands clenched to the point it was visibly shaking and your teeth gritted.

"You have no right to speak of Iwaizumi that way. You don't even know him and I'm not even going to try and explain anything to you because neither I or him owe you an explanation." You said, voice laced with venom.

"We're just looking out for you!" The blonde spoke up.

"Iwaizumi looks out for me just fine, thanks. So leave, do not test me." You bit back.

Iwaizumi inhaled lightly, eyebrows shooting up. You l defended him. You defended...him?

The blonde nodded and looked away embarrassed but the brunette didn't seem to get it. She reached over and put a hand on you're shoulder, "Is he forcing you to say this? It's okay you can trust me." She smiled.

You closed your eyes and sighed, didn't you just tell her not to test you?

You calmly took her hand off your shoulder and used it to harshly turn her so her back was facing you and push her to the ground.

You put your foot on her back lightly and she yelped.

"Listen up! Because I'm only going to say this once. If you ever talk about Iwaizumi like that again, there will be consequences."

Her friend ran off in a panic and instead of giving any indication that the brunette heard what you said she just continued crying.

So you applied pressure on her back, digging your foot into it.

Before anything else could happen someone lightly grabbed your forearm and pulled you away from her. "[Y/N] it's okay." You heard Iwaizumi say quietly.

You turned to face him and frowned. "It's not and I'm sorry you had to hear that. I can't believe people think you're like that."

He shook his head, "No its fine. Thank you [Y/N], really. For everything you said.

Just then a teacher came with the blonde following closely behind. She pointed at you then to her friend still eating dirt.

[Y/N] Maiha, report to the office immediately. The teacher said, crossing their arms. "Alright." You sighed and reached up to peck Iwaizumi's cheek. "And you're welcome, I meant what I said."

While the teacher helped the brunette up to go to the infirmary (dramatic much??), Iwaizumi stayed behind lightly touching his cheek.

Throughout morning practice, and school he worried what would happen to you. His concentration lost for the rest of the day.

The principal ended up giving you a week of in school detention and a week of suspension. You were mostly bummed about not being able to play volleyball until an idea popped into your head.

Once school ended you walked over to the boys gym casually. You spoke to your girls about what had happened already and went over with your vice and coach what they should do for the week.

You couldn't stay for much longer considering you were suspended so made sure to be quick.

"Iwa, hey." You waved once you got inside. He rushed over to you. [Y/N]? How'd it go? What did they do?"

"Nothing much, I luckily convinced them not to kick me off the volleyball team but I was given detention and suspended from school and volleyball for the next two weeks." You said deflating.

Oikawa overheard this and joined in on the conversation. "[Y/N] what?! What the hell happened?"

You looked up at the ceiling and crossed your arms, you did not want to explain here. "Nothing you need to worry about, just know that I'm okay."

Oikawa nodded, satisfied with your answer. That's all that mattered in the end.

"[Y/N] I need to apologize." Iwaizumi spoke up. "This is all my fault." You poked him in the chest a couple times. "No it's really not Iwaizumi."

"But-"

"No buts! This actually works out for me. Now I have time to go visit an old friend of mine." You smirked.