Jennie

As usual i went home from school with her but today she sent me a text message first that she can't go home with me. She told me to go without her because she still need to attend the meeting for senior students.

When i got home, mama and papa too arrived at the same time with me. They kissed my head and asked about my stepsister. I told them that she still busy at the school. I don't know what's wrong with me but i feel so worried about her.

*

*

She got home too late and Lisa drive her home. I saw they are talking outside with a serious looked. I don't like it when i saw her sweet attitude towards my friend. She caressed Lisa's head and kiss her on the cheek. Why am i peeking on them behind the curtains? Why i feel so irritated when she being like that to my friend?

I quickly ran to the couch and sat on it. I pretending to watch the movie and honestly i am looking at every movements she made through the big mirror beside the cabinet TV. She looked so weak and pale. She didn't approached or smile at me like usual as she went straight to her room. It's weird.

*

*

Me, mama and papa are waiting for her to join us in dinner but she didn't even comes out from her room. I took a deep breath as i rose up from my seat. Our parents are looking at me.

"Let me go get her"

*

*

I went to her room and open the door. I saw her laying on the bed then i walked slowly to her direction. I sat beside her and started to caress her head. She still closing her eyes. Her face look so pale and i feel her temperature are a little hot when my hand touch her forehead.

"Don't you want to eat? Mama and papa are waiting for you"

"I want to rest" why her voice are so weak?

"Are you sick?" i started to feel more worry now.

"I'm not sick just tired from school activities" she finally open her eyes and looking at me.

We're staring at each other. I observes every inch of her face. She is too beautiful even she look so pale now. Why my heart is beating so fast? What's wrong with me?

"Have you eaten?" she asked me.

"Not yet cause i'm waiting for you"

She smiled to me and hold my hand that caressing her head before. She still staring at me with her eyes filled with love. Am i seeing that right? Is it just my hallucination? She's only my stepsister besides i have a boyfriend now.

"Go eat first and sleep with me later"

I nodded and leaving her alone. Getting out from that room and i finally can breath normally. I just realizes that i am holding my breath when we had a staring contest earlier.

*

*

After done having dinner with mama and papa, i went to her room again. I entered inside and i saw her already sleeping. I saw her shirt lifted up a bit and i can see her stomach. She have abs? That so cool and i feel like i wanted to touch it.

Control yourself Jen!

I walk to her and fix her shirt but i suddenly saw a bruised at her stomach. I stroke it with my thumb and i hear her groaning in pain.

What happened to her? Did she have a fight with someone that's why she look so pale right? Impossible.

I laid beside her as i keep staring at her sleeping face. I am being brave and kiss her cheek but i got startled when she hug me. I thought she woke up but no. She's indeed a sleepyhead.

"Goodnight Krys baby"

TBC