Chapter 2

Fear courses through my body. I cannot move, I try my best to lift my body off the floor but can't. I am shocked, paralyzed, stunned. As my life flashes before my eyes. I avert my eyes to the moon. It's circular shape, slowly but steadily making its way to earth.

*RUMBLE*

The ground begins to shake, the tidal waves are going crazy. But then, I see something. The moon, shattered? Broken? Destroyed? No, the pieces are still there, they have separated entering earth's atmosphere and is now coming down like a carpet bomb, one meteor at a time. As one by one hits, I feel the tremble of the earth, all the building I see in the far distance, obliterated. I hold Jack close for it comforts the both of us. Earth would be left in ruinous shape. But will anyone survive? My head goes crazy with thoughts. I turn my gaze to Misaki, but she is gone. She has disappeared. I look around all over for her. My body, free from the grasps of shock I look around the roof for her. My body not being able to stand it any longer, the fear of death, I faint and lay there motionless for unknowing hours.

Hours later
"ohhhh man... my head hurts..."

I look around. "what? I wasn't hit or killed by the meteor?", I ponder. In fact everything else seems to have sustained damage except the very building I stand on. I then hear a slight weak meow come from my bag. I peak in and remember Jack has come with me to the roof. I then stand and peer off the roof. The buildings, they all laid in shambles while the one I stand on is still intact. My muscles ache, I still feel woozy.

"Everyone is gone...", I think sadly.

"Wait, MISAKI!!", My mind is now frantic as the memories begin to flash back in my head. I turn to look all around me but see no sign of Misaki. Worried for the safety of my friend I began to look around frantically. After all she did just disappear all of a sudden.

*HELICOPTER WHIRRING*

"Thank god! A rescue helicopter!", I think to myself. I look around once more and see no one else on top of buildings like me. I start to jump frantically yelling at the top of my lungs to try and get the attention of the helicopter. By luck, I have gotten the helicopter to come and pick me up. The helicopter then begins to perch on the building until...

*BOOM*

The helicopter blows up out of no where. I look around for the cause of this. I then see an aircraft, a non human made thing flying around the skies, the roar of fighter jets right behind it, the explosions of missiles. The skies soon became a place of war for the humans and the outside beings. It was a hellish era of time for the humans. The Extra Terrestrial's aircraft can preform many things we can't do in the air. One of those things is being able to make very sharp 90 degree turns. Unbeknownst to me, Earth would become the hell hole of war between the aliens and humans.

6 Years Later

"ATTENTION CADETS!! YOU WILL NOW CHOOSE A BRIGADE TO GO IN, ONE BEING THE ATTACK FORCE, YOU WILL GO OUT INTO SPACE TO ENGAGE THE ENEMIES. TWO BEING THE DEFENSE FORCE, YOU WILL STAY HERE AND PROVIDE THE HELP NEEDED IF THEY INVADE EARTH ONCE AGAIN, THREE BEING THE LAST ONE, THE POLICE, WE NEED POLICE TO PATROL THE EVERLASTING CRIME RATES THE CITIES CONTAIN. NOW GO CADETS CHOOSE YOUR JOB OF DESIRE!"

It's been quite the time since the event 6 years ago happened. I am now 21 years old. I had given Jack to an adoptive family and in that time period, I had decided to go join the military, my goal was to kill all the aliens trying to destroy earth and get revenge. Because of them, all of mankind had to move underground to seek shelter from the onslaught. In fact I haven't see my family since this all happened. My family happened to be part of the casualties. But because they invaded, we had made new technological advances, when fighter jets engaged in combat with one of the alien aircrafts, they had shot one down. We then salvaged the materials and discovered a new type of metal. We had also discovered a newly found fuel, it consists of a newly found oil when digging the underground cities. It's name is Cerriten(care-it-tin). This new fuel burns slower than jet fuel and can power our engines to hyper speeds. Our aircrafts can now reach to about 20,000 miles per hour. Nearly as fast as the alien aircrafts it would seem. Earth above ground was a desolate wasteland and had no life growing above. All the trees and plants died of radioactivity from the meteors hitting earth. You could still feel the trembles today as the earth is being barraged with meteor. The world underneath is just as dangerous though. It's increasingly more difficult to keep civilians in check everyday. Riots break out every few days and fights over food happen left and right. All nations have come together to go against this one enemy, the aliens. About 400,000 humans are alive now.