On The Alert

Applejack's POV
Everyone was gathered in the auditorium for morning assembly, there was a kind of tension in the air, news of what happened last night at Fluttershy and Twi's room spread fast. Principal Celestia walked on stage as Vice Principal Luna quieted down the restless crowd, everyone seemed uneasy. "Good morning Students of Canterlot High," she started "I assume you all know about the events that have taken place within the past few days, therefore the school has increased security and heightened safety measures. We think an outsider may have infiltrated the school so always be alert, until we find the culprit, do not go to remote areas alone, and train as hard as you can with your magic powers so you'll be able to defend yourselves, your safety is our top priority and should be yours too, that is all, you are dismissed.

Wow it gives me shivers to think something like this could happen, The Principal said we could have an infiltrator, maybe even a traitor, could I even trust my closest friends

"Hey there, AppleJack". "Uh..is this a bad time? A voice whispered

I was forced return to the real world, leaving many unanswered question swirling in my head

"No not all sweetiepie!" It was Coco, he smiled shyly.

"So what class do you have next period? "He asked. "Em well let's see, it seems like our timetables were switched up a little... I used to have Music around this time but I guess all the security measures messed up our schedules I'm having Alchemy instead."

"Ah. Me too" he replied "L-let's go there together" he stammered. Classic Coco
"Yeah we're about to be late!" I say grabbing his hand and running towards Science Lab. When we arrived there were only to other students waiting

"Oh hey!" One of them chirped "The teacher just stepped out for a second, she said we should get into pairs." He was so cheerful. His partner on the other hand seemed distant and seemed to glower at an invisible entity.

Coco tugged the sleeve of my shirt. "W-we could be in a group, I MEAN ONLY IF U WANT TO!" "Of course sugar cube! We're the only other to people here silly" I giggled and smirked teasingly. But Coco just seemed more overwrought than usual and averted his gaze from mine.

But something felt strange. "By the way why are you guys the only ones here?"

The cheerful guy looked and at me with another wide smile and shrugged. Hm.

I could make out the other guy saying..."so much love so hungry"... what the! Ok these guys were real weirdos, I took Coco's hand again and he looked like he may explode. I wonder what's wrong. "Let's go look for the teacher" I didnt wanna stay with these two any longer.

"O-ok" Coco stuttered. He got his seat to follow me but then groaned and dropped to his knees. I rushed to him and helped him up. " Coco!"What's wrong! Are you sick?" "No but he getting drained" The silent menacing guy cackled and his eyes flashed red. His friend giggled and fixed his stare on me, he didnt seem so friendly anymore. "And your next" he added.

I had to act fast. Coco was barely standing, he managed to let out another groan but then slumped over. It was only a matter of time until it would be me too.

I did a quick vine spell binding our assialiants for the time being. I hauled Coco onto my back and made a mad dash for the door, one of them got free from my spell and tried to get Coco from me. I used all my strength and slammed my fist into his face sending him flying, I wouldn't be able to fight them properly while carrying Coco, a lay him on the floor and squared up, I wasnt gonna give up so easily, I had to keep him safe, no matter what! "Get the boy!" the 'cheerful' one, still with that rebarbating smile on his face, sneered.

His accomplice nodded still shaky from my blow, he flew at me! "What are you anyways" I screamed, using my magic to create rocks and hurled them. "Changelings." They said simultaneously.