Chapter 15

**********************************************************************************************************************

    "You could travel the wo-orld! But nothin' comes close to the golden co-oast!" I sang as I massaged the conditioner into my hair. I was well aware that Archer was currently lying on my bed, waiting for me to get ready—but this was my Sunday morning. He would just need to practice a little patience.

    After shaving my legs and lathering myself in strawberry body wash, I finally climbed out. Drying myself off quickly, I swooped my hair up into the towel and wrapped it on top of my head. Then I did my makeup and got dressed.

    If there was one thing I didn't like about living in California, it was that we never really had seasons. I'd love to live in a place where Fall meant cold air and crisp orange leaves.

    My outfit today clearly reflects that desire, I thought, as I checked myself out in the mirror. I chose an oversized burgundy sweater that just begged for a night in front of a fireplace with a warm mug of hot cocoa. But then of course, since this was LA, I paired it with black leggings and sneakers.

    "Took you long enough," Archer sassed as I walked back into my room.

    "I told you I wasn't rushing on a Sunday," I said with a pointed look. "I'm also not quite done yet," I added as I plugged in my hairdryer and attached the defuser. Archer flopped back on my bed with a loud groan as I finished my hair. What. A. Baby.

    Not long after, we were at Archer's house so he could shower and change his clothes. Unlike last time, when we walked inside there were several boys in different stages of undress lounging around.

    I'm sure my eyes looked like a deer-in-headlights as I took in all of the hard chests and broad shoulders of the boys staring back at me. Blood rushed to my cheeks when I realized more than a few were only in briefs.

    A large hand clamped down on my eyes from behind, before Archer's gravelly voice called out, "Jesus, do you shitheads ever get dressed."

    "Well, if we knew you were bringing a little lady home then maybe we would have," a voice yelled back, though I couldn't identify who as Archer still had my eyes covered.

    Archer's other hand came down on my waist and pushed me forward as he dropped his hand over my eyes. "My room, let's go," was all I needed to hear before I took off towards the staircase with my eyes downcast.

    The creak of a door made me look up from my spot on the bed. I could still hear the water from the shower rushing so I knew it wasn't Archer. A handsome boy peeked his head around the door and gave me a million-watt smile.

    "Oh good, Arch is still in the shower. He gets mad when I come in here but I wanted to officially introduce myself. I'm James." He said as he strode over and plopped down on the end of the bed.

    "Charlotte, nice to meet you," I replied shyly.

    James' face brightened instantly, "You're Oliver's sister! It's so great to finally meet you."

    "Oh yeah... I am. You know my brother?"

    "Yeah. Well, uh,"-he cleared his throat-"He comes to party with Archer sometimes. So I've heard him mention you." He said with a tight smile.

    "Get the fuck off my bed." Archer's angry voice from the doorway spooked me and I automatically moved to get up.

    "Oh don't worry Beautiful, he means me not you," James laughed as he climbed up and faced Archer. "Something tells me Archie-boy likes you in his bed just fine."