Chapter 32

**********************************************************************************************************************

"Oh. My. Goodness. Archer, you are impossible!" I huffed as I swatted him away.

"Hmmm?" Was his only response as he pushed my hair away from my neck. His slow kisses along my collar bone sent a shiver through me.

We were currently sprawled out on his king-size bed, surrounded by textbooks and binders. The month of January had been extremely busy for Archer so we'd taken to studying together whenever possible. It was basically the only time we could be alone. Unfortunately, I'd learned that my boyfriend was a freaking horndog, so it's up to me to make sure we actually study.

"Archer, your test is tomorrow. If you can't focus with me here then I'll go. I'm not going to be the reason you fail."

Archer let out a defeated sigh as he pressed one final kiss to my shoulder then settled back on the bed. "Fine, I'm focused," he appeased me, raising his hands up to show his innocence. "But I think I'm ready anyway."

"Prove it. I'll quiz you and if you pass we can take a break."

Archer smirked at the challenge. "Yes ma'am."

Fifteen minutes later Archer had me in a chokehold while we cuddled in bed. The butthead had passed with flying colours. I smiled as I peeked up at him from my place on his chest. His eyes were closed and his jaw was slack. There was a flutter behind his lids as he fell asleep.

    I melted into the comfort of Archer's arms for a while, soaking up the intimacy that I craved in our busy lives. My head perked up slightly as the large hand that rested on my back began to drop lower. I watched Archer's face through narrowed eyes but it stayed relaxed as his hand perused downward. It skimmed gently over the waist of my jean before landing firmly on the curve of my bum. The smallest quirk in the corner of Archer's lip gave him away.

    "I know you're awake," I laughed.

    Archer's hand squeezed gently, sending heat to my stomach. "No, I'm not," he grumbled keeping his eyes closed. His hand brushed lower, gripped the back of my thigh then returned to its place on my bottom.

    "Archer!" I wiggled trying to get out of his hold.

    "Shhhh I'm sleeping," he mumbled, a full smile now gracing his lips.

    "Hey." I poked his cheek to make him open his eyes. He squinted one eye open and glared at me. I poked his cheek again with a giggle as he tried to bite my finger. "Are you nervous for the game?"

    Archer dropped his head back against the pillow with his eyes closed, considering my question. "I'm nervous about the repercussions," he said slowly as he opened his eyes to look back at me. I raised a confused eyebrow, prompting him to continue. "There's just a lot riding on this now. I mean, it's the National Championships. Every NFL team will be watching. If I bomb this, they won't take a second look at me."

    I nodded understandingly. Archer had really been pushing himself since we found out his parents were getting divorced. I could tell he considered it his sole responsibility now to take care of his mom and sister. It made me proud of the man he was showing himself to be, but it also worried me. That was a lot of pressure for one college kid to carry on his back.

    "You know what would make me feel better though?" Archer smirked as he nuzzled my throat.

    "What?" I asked breathlessly. Archer flipped me onto my back as he positioned himself overtop of me. He kept his weight off of me by propping himself up on his arms. A blush heated my cheeks as I ogled how hot he was. The veins on his forearms popped as he held up his upper-body. His biceps tensed when he readjusted his hands farther apart so he could drop his chest closer to mine. I was abundantly aware of how close our hips were. If I flexed my pelvis even slightly, they'd press together.