Chapter 1: What Happened?

A/N- Sad chapter and filled with lots of endgame spoilers do not read if you have not seen it. Also it might make you cry, sorry not sorry.

*after the endgame fight*

I wipe tears away and ran towards Peter and pulled him into a bone crushing hug "I'm so sorry" I sobbed and he started to cry as well "it's not your fault" he said.

"I need to find my mom" I said and pulled away. I walked towards Clint as I looked for a certain red head but didn't find her, I stood in front of him and he gave me a glum face and a single tear fell down his face. "Where's Mom?" I asked and he gave me a sympathetic look "where is she!?" I asked a little angry from the lack of information he was giving me "I'm so sorry, Athena" he said as more tears fell down his face.

"No, she can't be" I said as the realization hit me "how?" I asked as a few tears fell down my face "Athe-" I cut him off "how did she die?" I asked trying to keep my voice calm but failed as it cracked at the last word "she sacrificed herself" he said and he wiped his tears away, I let out a quiet sob and fell onto my knees and cried into my hands.Clint pulled me into a hug and I cried into his shoulder "she......can't......be.....gone" I said through sobs.

We walked away from the area the fight took place and recollected ourselves. "I don't know where I'm gonna live now, Mom said after this was over I was going to live with her" I said making eyes tear up again "you'll be living with me" Clint said and I nodded "ok" I said quietly.

*Time Skip*
I got to the Barton house and walked in with Clint. I stood behind him while he hugged his family, it was a little awkward for me as I just stood there.

After a little while of saying their 'hellos' and their 'I missed you's' Clint brought his attention back to me "Laura, Athena will be staying with us for a while" he said and Mrs. Barton turned to me with a smile, she pulled me into a hug "it's good to see you, Mrs. Barton" I said and hugged her back "please call me Laura" she said and pulled away from the hug."Athena, you can share a room with Lila" Laura said.

"Ok" I said looking at Lila "are you okay with that?" I asked her and she nodded "it's fine" she said and I smiled slightly "thank you" I said to both Lila and Laura. I looked over and saw a small boy "who's that?" I asked.

"That's the youngest Nathaniel his three" Lila said I nodded and followed.Lila lead me up the staircase and into a pretty blue room "your room is beautiful" I said and walked in "thank you" she said, I set my bag down by the bunk bed in the room and looked around (I don't know what her room actually looks like but I'm guessing) I saw a beautiful white desk, a bunk bed with dark navy blue comforters on it, the bottom bunk is a queen bed and the top bunk is a twin bed, I look over to the corner by the door and saw a dark red egg chair. I looked back at Lila "where do you usually sleep?" I asked.

"I bounce between them but I usually sleep on the top" she said.

"Ok" I said and sat on the bottom bunk "you look a lot like her, you know" Lila said.

"Like your Mom" she said and gave me a smile "thanks" I said, after a slight pause Lila stood up and walked towards the door "I'll be downstairs" she said "ok" I said, she left and closed the door.

I got up and looked through my bag, I grabbed a pair of black sweatpants and a hoodie and changed.I sat on my bed reading when my phone buzzed, I picked it up and looked at it.
Peter: how are you doing?
Me: fine, I guess. What about you?
Peter: same
After that I set my phone down, it was around 9:30 and Lila was already asleep because she has school tomorrow but I decided to take a couple weeks off to.......grieve I guess. I sighed and got up from my bed and walked to the bathroom and locked the door. I leaned over the sink and began to run the water. I put my hands under the water and splashed it onto my face. I dried my face and unlocked the door and quietly and walked back to Lila's bedroom. I opened the door quietly and laid down onto the bed and fell asleep.