Chapter 5: Sleepover

I got home and sat down at the dining room table and pulled out my textbooks and started to do homework. No one was home so I was stuck by myself because Lila was at a friends house (it's Friday by the way) and Laura is at work and Clint is out.

I started with my Math homework which took me almost 2 hours to complete. Then I started my History essay but got interrupted by my phone going off, I look at the caller ID and saw it was Lila, I answer.
Me: Hey Lila, what's up?
Lila: Can you come pick me up?
Me: Is everything okay?
Lila: Yeah, everything is fine I just got into a fight with Margot.
Me: Okay, I'm on my way
Lila: Thanks
Me: No problem
The call ended and I stand up and grab the keys to one of the cars and left the house.

I got to Margots house and saw Lila sitting on the steps outside of the house. She looks up from her phone and gets up and walks towards the car.

She gets in and I turn to her "what happened?" I asked.

"I accidentally told one of my other friends her secret and she got really mad at me" she says.

"Oh, that sucks. I'm sorry" I said and we drove away from the house.

We got back home and went inside, as soon as I go inside the house I get this weird feeling that somethings wrong, I look around but nothing seems out of the ordinary. I grab Lila and pull her back right as something goes flying past her face "shit" I say and I look around to see if someone was around but I didn't see anyone. I move towards where the thing went, "Athena, what was that?" Lila asks clearly freaked out "I don't know, but I'm gonna find out" I said and found the item. I pick up the sword the nearly decapitated Lila, the sword had a squid looking thing with a skull, then it clicks. "How did a HYDRA agent find us?" I asked myself quietly, Lila and I make our way up to our room and lock the door.

After a couple hours of hiding ourselves in our room we here someone downstairs.

"Athena, we're home" I heard the voice of Laura say, Lila moves up to open the door but I grab her hand "don't" I said.

"Why not?" She asks.

"We don't know if it's actually her" I said.

"Why wouldn't it be?" She asks.

"People are smart they can figure out a way to trick people" I said and she sits back down. I pull out my phone and text Clint.
Me: Are you guys home?
Clint: Almost, Laura should already be there.
Me: Ok
I stood up and opened the door "stay here" I said and made my way down to the kitchen.

I get to the kitchen and find Laura, Nathaniel, and Cooper sitting at the table setting up a board game "Hey Athena, do you want to join?" Cooper asks.

"No thanks" I said and let out a quiet sigh and turned around and went back upstairs to get Lila.

*Two Hours Later*
I finish eating dinner and went upstairs to get ready for bed.

I get upstairs and go straight to the bathroom to start getting ready for bed.

I took a quick shower and changed into my PJs and brushed my teeth. I leave the bathroom and go to my room. My phone started to buzz and I look down and the caller ID said it was MJ so I answered.
MJ: Hi, so I was wondering, when you were talking to Peter about girls and stuff did he say anything about what she looks like?
Me: No, why?
MJ: Just wondering, OH! And we all are going to Peters apartment tomorrow at 4
Me: Okay, see you there!
MJ: Cool, bye
Me: bye
We hung up and I was thinking about why would MJ want to know that? Whatever I'm tired.

I closed my eyes and drifted off into who knows what.

I woke up and looked at the clock on the desk 6:30 it said "ugh!" I groan and laid back down and tried to go back to sleep, but it didn't work.

After about 30 minutes of trying to fall back asleep I finally did.

I woke up again and looked over at the clock and it read 10:39 I shoot up from my bed and start to get ready to go to Peter apartment.

I grabbed black leggings, white tank top, and a dark blue sweatshirt and changed. I grabbed a bag and started to pack stuff into it, like clothes, brushes, hair ties, and fluffy socks. I zip up my backpack and go downstairs.

I get downstairs and smell the wonderful smell of bacon and pancakes. "Good morning" I said as I walked into the dining room "morning" Lila said tiredly "good morning" Laura said and I sit down as a bunch of other 'good morning's' go around. I eat some food and say my goodbyes and leave.

I drove to Peters apartment building and got out right as MJ got out of her car "hey MJ!" I yell and run up to her "hey Athena" she says and we walk up to the apartment together.

We both knock and Peter opens the door "hey, guys!" Peter says with a smile "hey" I said with a slight smile "sup" MJ said in her signature no emotion voice. We walk inside and are greeted with Aunt May "hello, girls" she said.

"Hi May" I said and MJ said the same. We sat down on the couch with Ned and waited for Peter to finish talking to May.

Peters P.O.V

"So, who's the one you like MJ or Athena?" She asked.

"How do you know about that?" I asked.

"That's not important, which one?" She asked.

"Uh I don't know" I said trying to get away from the situation. I know what the answer is. "Can I get back to my friends now?" I asked.

"Ugh fine" she said and I left and headed to the living room.

I walk into the living room and sit down on the couch next to Athena and we start the movie.

Half way through the movie I felt weight on my shoulder, I look over and see the bright red curly hair that is Athena. I look over to Ned with slight panic...........who am I kidding FULL panic. I have had the biggest crush on her ever since I met her. 'What do I do?' I mouthed to him 'let her be' he mouthed back I gave him another look like the 'your-no-help' kind of look and started to watch the movie again.