Chapter 9: What Is That?

I walked across the bridge and stopped by some water to look at some boats and I started to take pictures. I looked at the water and noticed it moving towards the center of the water. Then it burst up into the air into a shape of a monster looking thing, I share a look with Peter and we both stumble back a little, Betty and Neds boat came crashing right between us "Betty! You okay?" Peter asked.

"Yeah" she said but it was more of a scream, I grab Betty's arm "come on" Peter said to Ned "guys, we gotta go!" Betty screams.

"Go Betty, we will be right behind you" I said and fast walked over to Peter and Ned "what is that?" Ned asked.

"I don't know" Peter said.

"What'll you do?" Ned asked.

"I left my suit in the hotel" Peter said.

"That's a problem" I said.

"Why?" Ned asked.

"Because I'm on vacation, Ned. Everyone going to see my face. Get them out of here" Peter said.

"Just go" Peter said and lightly pushes Ned and they run."What do we do now?" I asked.

"I don't know" he said, there was a big crash from behind us and I jumped and turned towards the noise. I haven't been out on the field since the snap, so I'm very unprepared. The water thing keeps slamming water onto buildings and destroying them, I feel around in my pockets to see if I remembered any of my gadgets but I was out of luck, I guess its just powers, which is going to wipe me out. The water thing splashed water at us and we hid behind a wall, Peter puts his web shooters on and I keep looking around the corner at the thing.

Peter shoots a web at the thing but nothing happens, "well, shit" I said, there is a crowd of people screaming that catches Peter and I's attention. Peter gets to the bridge and I run through the arch way and found two masks, I hand one to Peter "really?" He asked and I smiled and nodded my head. I got the relatively normal mask that was dark blue with two feathers sticking out the side and Peter had a jester mask, which made me laugh.

I look up from the monster and see it throw some water our way, we fly backwards and hit the stone railing of the bridge. I hit my head pretty hard on it which made my wince in pain when I touched it. I see something green start to hit the monster and I look up and find a dude flying down with something that looks like a fishbowl on his head. He starts attacking the monster and Peter and I put on the masks and I closed my eyes to summon my two swords. The swords come into my hands and I stand up, I watched the monster fling the man into a boat. He got back up and started to fight the monster again.

The man notices us "I need to lead it away from the canals" he said and I nod, I make my way onto the roof of the nearest building and Peter follows me. I watch the man fly away and the monster follow him so I start to follow as well. Peter webs some buildings that have fallen apart and I make my way to the monster.

I got to a clock tower and stand there for a minute and wait for the man and the monster to come, they did and the monster hit the building I was on and it starts to crumble and break. "Shit" I said and I look down, its too far to jump down and see Peter webbing the cracks in the clock tower and then swing back up into the clock tower "who is that?" I asked and stood over by Peter "I don't know, but whoever he is he's good" Peter said we watch the fight for a moment then the monster hit the clock tower once again and it starts to move, I put my swords away and jump off of the building and land next to it, I use my telekinesis and try to hold it up.

Peter tries his best to keep the tower up right while I'm trying to keep it still. The starts to tip over even more and more till it was falling over the top of me, I got out of the way just in time.I turn around and see the monster explode into water and disappear. I walk over to Peter while ringing out my hair we need to get back to the hotel" I said.

"Yeah, let's go" he said and walked towards the hotel.

We got to the hotel and cleaned up, and we all went downstairs to watch the news. Peter was talking with May and I was sitting on the stairs with MJ. "He is like Thor and Iron Man wrapped into one" Brad said.

"Yeah, but his no Spider-Man" Flash said.

"What is it with you and Spider-Man?" MJ asked annoyed "what? He's just awesome, okay?" Flash said.

"He protects the neighborhood and he's inspiring" Flash said and Peter walks into the room "he inspires me to be a better man. What's up, dickwad? Thought you drowned" Flash said and I burst out laughing. "Sounds like his name is Mysterio" Brad said.

"L'uomo del misterio' is Italian for 'man of mystery'" I said.

"They don't actually know who he is" I said.

"Mysterio" Ned said.

"Cool name" Betty and Ned said at the same time, I sighed and rubbed my head that still hurts from when I hit on the stone railing "I'm gonna head up" I said.

"Me too" MJ said.

"Night" I said and went upstairs I heard a couple of 'nights' from people on the way up.

I got to our room and went into the bathroom and looked at my head, it was bleeding slightly but it wasn't to bad. "I'm taking a shower!" I said into the room "ok" MJ said and I turned on the shower.

After the shower I changed into PJs and sat on my bed and started to read.