Chapter 3

Harry collapsed onto the sofa in the middle of the living room at grimmauld place. He was feeling all kinds of things and he had no idea what day it was, or how long he had been unconscious in that room. He knew Ron and Hermione would be worried sick, but he had no way of communicating with them and that scared him. He was questioning how he'd even ended up in that room, he was sure he was at hogwarts before he then woke up in malfoy manor.

He couldn't work out when and how the death eaters had managed to capture him and Draco and not even take their wands away from them. How fucking stupid were they?

Draco watched Harry from the other side of the room. He could feel the stress that was radiating off of him. He knew Harry was probably thinking about his friends and everyone that would worry about him.

Draco sat still for a few minutes trying to figure out how he ended up in malfoy manor with Potter, but he quickly realised there was no logical explanation for it. He grew cold as this miserable looking place seemed to want to freeze anyone that steps foot inside to death. "Incendio" Draco pointed his wand at the fireplace and the room was engulfed in heat.

Harry looked up at him. The blonde had never seen someone look so sad. Draco didn't really know what to say, him and Potter were supposed to be swore enemies not friends. Just because they'd called it a truce, didn't mean it made it any less harder to try and be friends.

"Potter, Im going to put my whole reputation aside here and say, I'm sorry for the way I've treated you, it wasn't fair and some of the things I've said have been way out of order. It's hard trying to be nice to the boy who lived when my parents are death eaters and the fucking dark lord lives in my house, I'm sorry for the way I've treated you".

Harry looked surprised, but hid it as best he could. "Malfoy, Im sorry too. I know I rejected your friendship in first year and that's most likely one of the many reasons we fight and argue now. I didn't really mean for any of that to happen. I had no experience with magic and any information I got was from people who clearly didn't like slytherins. As much as slytherins can be arseholes, you're really not all that bad if I'm honest. I understand the problems with you being a death eater, Voldemort and all that but I want to be friends".

It was Dracos turn to be surprised. "I think being friends could work if you're not such a prick all the time". He hoped Harry would know he was being sincere and not just being a twat but the brunette laughed and agreed.

A cracking sound came from outside the living room. Harry knew immediately that it was kreacher. The odd looking house elf made his way into the room and gave both boys a funny look. "I wasn't aware Mr Potter was visiting". The elf didn't look very pleased to see either of them but Harry wasn't surprised by that fact.

"I wasn't. Draco and I had been captured by the death eaters, we managed to escape. I knew here would be safe so I took both of us here. Could you tell me what the date is?"

"It's the 16th of December, Mr Potter".
Harry was shocked. He couldn't believe they had been in that room for over 2 weeks. But at least he hadn't missed Christmas, that really would have been bad.

"Okay thank you kreacher that will be all". Harry desperately needed to talk to Draco but he couldn't have prying ears around.

The house elf disappeared with a crack and the pair were left alone again. Harry thought about what his options were. Either he could stay here until Christmas was over or he could go back to hogwarts, but he didn't want to put any more people in danger.

Draco sat silently on the sofa. Why he was even at the manor he didn't know and how he got there he didn't know. He was more worried about the fact he was there for 2 weeks. He was scared. That was unusual for Draco but he really did feel scared.

"We're gonna stay here for Christmas then go back afterwards. I'm not sure what we're going to tell everyone but right now I'm too tired to care about that". Harry wasn't too sure about the plan but thats all he had. He hoped Draco would just agree to it because he could feel his whole body screaming at him to sleep.

"In all honesty, I was going to say that anyways so yeah okay that's fine with me".

The pair went upstairs and each went off into separate rooms that were opposite each other.

The next morning Harry was woken up to a very persistent knocking on his door. "Yeah?" The door opened and in came Draco with what Harry was guessing was the daily prophet.

"We're front page and top priority missing wizards" his eyebrows were raised and his face was a look of worry. "Should we not do something about this?"

Harry sat up in bed and motioned for Draco to sit at the end of the bed. "No, not until after Christmas. If we go to hogwarts now, the death eaters will end up swarming the school. There's no point right now. We're just going to have to stay put". Just like Draco, Harry wanted to go and see his friends and tell him that he was fine but as of right now it would just put them in danger and that was the last thing he wanted to do.

Harry gently took the paper from Draco's pale hands and began to read.

"The boy who lived and Draco Malfoy still missing after two weeks".

"Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy have been missing since the 1st of December, after a death eater attack on Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and wizardry. Both boys are top priority missing wizards, but it is most likely that they have been taken to an unknown location by the death eaters as they have not been seen since the attack. Albus Dumbledore has said that the school has since had a safety inspection and has increased the safety wards around the school. If anyone has any information about the whereabouts of Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy, please contact the ministry for magic".

"A death eater attack on the school? How could that have possibly happened?" Harry was confused as to how they would have got through the wards as Dumbledore always makes sure the wards are strong.

Draco looked sheepishly at Harry. "It was my fault, I was working on a cabinet that could allow them to pass through it from a brother cabinet in borgin and burkes. It's a long story but I wasn't aware that the cabinet was finished. At the end of it I was supposed to kill Dumbledore but I knew I wouldn't be able to, I never wanted to be a death eater. I never wanted to do any of this but here were are". Draco looked down at the bed feeling very guilty.

"Draco, it's okay I don't blame you for any of this, I'm sure Voldemort probably told you that either you or you're parents would die if you didn't do it. It's not your fault. Yes you may have been an absolute bastard to me but you're actually not a bad person. I don't think you have the guts to kill anyone. You're not like any of the other death eaters because you actually have a heart. All the others are heartless twats, who don't give a shit for anyone but themselves. Honestly Draco, it's not your fault".

Dracos thoughts had gone crazy. He couldn't believe the fact that Harry had called him Draco and not Malfoy, also the fact that Harry had basically said that he understands why Draco was doing the task in the first place. He was so overwhelmed that he lanched at Harry and hugged him. It was probably the first and last time he would ever do that, but he did it because he knew he had to.

The pair sat like that for a moment until Draco let go. "Thank you Harry". The blonde didn't really know what to say other than that. He was so used to people putting the blame on him and saying that he was a disappointment and a failure, but his sworn enemy, who he hated because he had turned his friendship down in first year, had been a better friend to him in the last 2 days than any of his friends combined.

"Come on you emotional wreck, let's get breakfast".