Chapter 5

Draco woke up the next morning to a light streaming in through the curtains. He realised that he hadn't gone up to his bedroom the night before and saw that Harry was laying on his chest still fast asleep.

The memories of yesterday came flooding back to him. He really hadn't meant to burst into tears and have a mental breakdown like that but no one, not even pansy, had actually cared enough about Draco the way Harry had last night.

Harry made Draco feel safe. The blonde didn't even feel safe in his own house especially with the death eaters all living there. But Harry gave Draco a sense of security and safety.

The last time he had cried like that was when he was told he had to take the dark mark. It was at the end of fifth year, he had just got back from hogwarts and his mother came into his room while he was unpacking and told him. He had managed to keep his emotions in while his mother was still in his room, but as soon as she left, he cast a silencing charm on the room and just cried.

He wouldn't speak to his mother after he took the dark mark. She knew he didn't want it, but still made him take it. After that Draco knew what side of the war he truly was on. The Dark Lord scared the shit out of him and he couldn't understand why people agreed with his ideas. He had decided that he didn't want to know his parents anymore, knowing that they clearly didn't care about him as they had basically give the Dark Lord free reign of him.

The summer was hard and he had many arguments with his parents as he fought about not going to the death eater meetings. Then when he had to go and the Dark Lord gave him the task, he practically begged his parents to allow him to get him out of it. Both refused and his father crucio'd him for arguing. After that he left home and went to stay at pansy's. She wasn't very comforting and told him it was his fault. She would never understand.

Harry started to stir beside him. The blonde was grateful for what Harry had said to him the night before. It made him feel less alone.

Harry woke up and looked around the room with bleary eyes. He was laid on top of the blonde on the sofa, in the living room. He remembered that he hadn't gone up to bed the night before because Draco had fallen asleep on him, so he decided to just go to sleep there.

"Harry I'm honestly so sorry for last night-". The blonde couldn't even finish his sentence because Harry pulled Draco into a hug. "Don't be sorry it's not your fault". Harry let go of Draco and sat up.

"Maybe I misjudged you Draco. You're really nothing like I thought you were. You have feelings like everyone else, and it's all got a bit much for you, I understand". Harry understood all too well how hard it was when it gets too much especially when everyone just expects you to come in and save the day.

"Maybe I misjudged you too Harry, we've never really spoke to each other so we don't know each other at all to be honest. But you've proved to me that you aren't a complete arsehole, you actually care about people and that's where I made a mistake".

"Enough with the soppy stuff, I have an idea". The blonde then told Harry that he wanted to go Christmas shopping but they'd have to put an excessive amount of glamours on so that no one recognised them.

Harry nodded and then explained that he knew a charm that could allow the person under the glamours to be seen by one other person in their actual self. So in other words Harry would be able to see the real Draco, Draco would be able to see the real Harry, but everyone around them would see two different people.

Both boys went up to their rooms to get dressed. Harry went for a black jumper and black ripped jeans. Draco went for a green hoodie and blue jeans.

Harry went into the kitchen and found the small vault that Sirius had had, Harry had stored a load of money in there from the last time he was here in the summer just in case he couldn't get to Gringotts. He put the code in and the vault opened showing large stacks of knuts and sickles. "Capacious extremis" Harry had learnt this helpful spell from Hermione. It extended any bag without being detected. He then grabbed a couple of handfuls of money and put them in the bag. He walked back to the living room with the bag and gave it to Draco. "There's a shit ton of money in there, that will be enough for the Christmas shopping".

Draco looked inside the bag in astonishment. "Merlins beard Harry, where did you get all this money from?" He knew that he couldn't have gone to Gringotts to get it so where had it come from?

"Oh it's been here since the summer when I was here with Hermione and Ron, right we need to cast these glamours".

Both cast glamours on themselves and then Harry pulled two matching black bracelets out of his pocket that he had swiped from one of the rooms. "Revelare". Harry charmed both bracelets and gave one to Draco. He put it on and could immediately see Harry's true form.

"Keep it on until we come back". Harry said as he pulled his bracelet on his wrist.

They used the floo network to get to the shopping centre just outside of London. Only wizards and witches were able to see and enter it. To any ordinary muggle, it just looked like an abandoned building, like hogwarts had been made to look like.

Harry was grateful it wasn't too busy, as it would then be less likely they would be caught. He turned to look at Draco. "Where do you want to go first?" Harry looked around the shopping centre. He could see a load of clothes shops a designer stores around him.

"I think we should go to that one" Draco pointed to a store to the right of him. "It looks like a Christmas store, I'm sure we can find presents and a Christmas tree for the house in here". Draco walked forward practically dragging Harry along with him.

The shop was lit brightly and smelled of Christmas. Draco tasked Harry with finding a suitable sized tree while he went to find other decorations and presents.

Draco found a couple of gifts for pansy, Crabbe and Goyle and a couple of bits for the tree. Then he thought he should get Harry a gift, he had no idea what kind of things he liked, so he just wandered around the shop hoping he found something that looked nice.

Several minutes later, Draco came across a gold snake ring. Draco had remembered overhearing a conversation between Harry and Ron, Harry had said that he had argued with the sorting hat as the hat wanted to put him in Slytherin but he wanted to go in Gryffindor. Draco thought it was funny, so picked the ring up and added it to the things he was going to buy.

Harry was walking around the store and found the Christmas trees. He looked at each one and thought that he needed a big enough one to go in the living room.

After rooting through about a hundred different sized Christmas trees he finally found a suitable sized tree that he was sure Draco would be happy with. "Wingardium Leviosa" he levitated the tree while he walked around looking for gifts for all of his friends.

After finding presents for everyone he wondered whether he should get Draco a present. It seemed as though they were friends now so he didn't see why not. He walked to the jewellery section of the shop and looked around to see if he could find something for the blonde.

After a couple of minutes something caught his eye. It was a gold snake ring. He picked it up and twisted it around in his hand. Harry had no idea what Draco liked but he knew that he somewhat liked jewellery, so he hoped that he would like it. He put it with all the things he was buying and walked to the tills.

Both boys met outside the shop and Draco smiled at Harry. "That's literally the perfect tree! I knew I could trust you to find a good tree".

"Is there anywhere else you want to go?" Harry looked around the now crowded centre.

"Can we just go in this clothes shop?" Draco pointed it out to Harry and Harry nodded. "Yeah okay but hurry, it's getting busier in here and we don't want to get caught".

The pair were in and out of the store in about 20 minutes, Harry bought 2 hoodies and some jeans. Draco on the other hand, bought hoodies, t-shirts, trousers, jeans, jumpers and various other clothing items. Both were happy with everything they had bought and flooed back to Grimmauld place.