Chapter 4

~Myles' POV~

~Myles' POV~

Camping Trip: Day 2

The next morning started off with breakfast provided by the teachers, they were literally cooking eggs & bacon with a pan using the bonfire spot we sat at last night. It also came with rice which I'm particularly fond of. Some people told me that rice was basically a staple in Hawai'i & I'm all for it.

Felix & I tried to talk to Luna during breakfast several times about what happened last night, but every single time she would just move somewhere else away from us. Last night was a lot to take in for sure. No one could've expected the 3 of us to become actual real life Power Rangers overnight. Especially, since I'm just the new kid on the island.

Out all people, why were we chosen to take part in something so dangerous. A lot of other people could probably do this better than we can like a police officer or someone who actually has some sort of fighting skills. It also makes me think about what threat is out there to destroy earth this time since everything is 100% real. Are we really worthy enough wield such a power from a legacy?

It's honestly too soon to tell. "That was my 4th time trying to Luna & she still won't say anything. Could it be trauma?" Felix snapped me back to reality from my thoughts then handed me a water bottle that had a letter M on the cap to show that it's mine. "Shock, denial, & disbelief? She's literally 3 for 3 on that front & ding ding ding we have a winner." Felix laughed along with me. It felt good.

"Jokes aside, Luna could also have anxiety & fear. I think she's also withdrawing herself from others which isn't really good either." I said before taking a bit of my food while we watched her in the distance as she sadly ate her bacon. "You don't seem phased by the whole thing." I took a look of my water waiting for Felix to answer my question. It sounded like he was hesitating, maybe he actually was.

"In the moment everything was so cool because of the suits, the weapons, that rush of energy coursing through your body. When all that dies down you really start to think about the logistics, we could've died last night & I feel like we just got lucky."

"I know what you mean. I'm taking this a lot better than I thought I would, but at the same time fate wanted us alive to fight another day." Felix & I squeezed each other's hands for comfort. None of this stuff comes easy & technically we have the right to be hesitant when the time comes again. When I was about to take another bite of my food I dropped my fork hissing in pain.

"What's wrong Myles?" Felix watched me hold my wrist, I revealed that there was a small bruise where my Rescue Morpher is supposed to be. The both of us thought it was a good idea to stash our Morphers away, especially mine, so people wouldn't be suspicious of what we have. "I swear I'm going to kick Ikaika's ass!" The curly haired male slammed his fist down about to get up to probably beat up the one guy he hates in the whole world.