Chapter 18

Warning ⚠️: minor smut

~Myles' POV~

"Hey, sorry I took so long..." I looked at the table to see a bunch of printed out articles laid out on the table. Ikaika & Kalani seem to be working together just fine in all this silence. "Like I said before you left, I'm not mad so sit your ass down & figure out what information is good enough to go on this stupid project." Ikaika didn't look up at me the entire he spoke & Kalani looked up at me with a small smile on her face. I showed her one back.

When I took my seat next to her I reached into my bag for a highlighter then I felt the stinging pain on my wrists from when I was tied up. I didn't want them to know so I breathed through it trying to stay as quiet as possible. "What happened?" Kalani leaned over to get a good look at my bruised wrists & I quickly shoved my hands into my pockets. "It's nothing to worry about. I played with these toy handcuffs when I was a kid. Sometimes I would put them too tight, I guess the scars didn't go away." I gave her the most fakest smile I could give her.

"But those look-" I cut her off by saying we should be getting back to this project. The articles had a lot of words that were irrelevant to what we had to actually explain in our project, but my mind couldn't really focus on homework at the moment. There has been flashback after flashback repeating in my head when that man got stabbed because I refused to comply to the orders of that Malicious Rangers. It's my fault that I wasn't strong enough to beat that Blue Aquitar Ranger. All the blame is on me for his death.

The blade went through his back & went all the way through his chest. He didn't stand a chance. It was a good thing they didn't grab anyone else after I called Luna. They were about to until they heard Luna from the window. How am I supposed to be a Power Ranger if I'm strong enough to protect at least one person? Every team before us had been flawless in all of their rescues. Me? Not saving one person is more than enough to make me feel unworthy. I don't think I'm cut out for this kind of active duty.

Not to mention Felix getting captured from his solo mission. I should've been there help or else he wouldn't have been tied to a chair just like me. They even taped his mouth shut. I'm just so glad that they didn't choose to stab Felix, but that doesn't mean I'm any less depressed about the other guy. Both of them would be equal to what I'm feeling right now. I didn't notice that I was crying until my tears dropped onto the article I wasn't obviously reading.

"What the fuck? Are you ok?" Looking up I saw Ikaika giving blank expression. Was he trying to show me a different expression than anger? "Myles, what's wrong?" Kalani spoke up this time. I looked back & forth between them, I was getting so over overwhelmed that I grabbed my stuff & left without saying a word. My tears were getting caught by the sleeves of my button up as I tried to wipe away my tears as fast as I could. Once I was at my car I got in quickly & started sobbing inaudibly yelling.

I was so upset at myself. What I saw will traumatize me for the rest of my life. I knew that there were going to be hardships taking up this role as a Power Ranger, but never did I think I'd see this. Nothing could've prepared me for this.

~Luna's POV~

"Thank you for meeting me..." I had a sigh of relief when I was my boyfriend, Lachlan, sitting on the steps of an empty playground near our local mall. He pulled me gently to have sit on step below him before he gave a kiss on the lips. "Of course, love." There was always a smile that bloomed on my face whenever he called my that nickname. It made me feel like I'm always wanted by someone. "I'm guessing it's your parents again." Lachlan put his arms around me as I leaned my back against his chest & I sighed.