Chapter 5

~Myles' POV~

The camping trip is actually going like nothing ever happened. After everyone calmed down from the destruction & patched up we actually started the next part of the competition. Since I was appointed leader it was my job to pick amongst our team to compete next. I had to choose people who didn't compete in the camp building competition.

The first person I chose was that guy at the beginning who asked if I wanted him to take my duffel bag, I learned that his name was Ollie. When I was patching up his cheek I learned that we have being an only child in common & wish we could drive ATVs. We just talked about random shit. Felix & Luna still weren't talking to me, I tried several times. We don't have to be friends. I just want them to forgive me. Is that too much to ask?

I couldn't choose Felix for the volleyball tournament so there wasn't a good enough reason to talk to him anyways. There was other people who said they could play volleyball & I kinda just took their word for it since I didn't really know them. Of course I couldn't compete, but it would've been great to play the sport. It was a bit of a struggle for our teammates, we came in 2nd place for that one.

We lost against Izzy's team who had a lot of volleyball players on it. Ikaika would've been a great person for this challenge because he's literally the captain of the said sport's team. We're not talking to each other either. The next thing we were competing in was a relay race that needed 6 of our members again. I had to use the remainder of our teammates, it was a bunch of swimming, running, & climbing so they wanted me to do the running portion.

I had Ollie & Ikaika do the swimming, Felix & I do the running, & some girls wanted to do the rock climbing. Felix jogged while I was struggling to run in the sand, it's like he lost all motivation to rank the highest score against the alumnus. The entire time I talked while he listening & not say a word to me. I thought after our battle yesterday we would at least be making small talk. I was hella wrong. We ended up coming in 4th place. Luna came in first.

Last competition was building a sand sculpture that only required 2 people. Felix couldn't compete so I didn't have to worry about if he's gonna throw the match or not. There was literally no motivation left for him. We finally reclaimed the number 1 spot for this competition as well. The sand sculpture competition ended earlier than expected, we had an early dinner so we could watch the sunset.

Everyone was spread out in the campsite. Most people were talking & laughing at the bonfire while others were playing cards in someone's tent. Luna was talking to her tent mate while I sat alone in my tent. There was no sign of Felix anywhere. I decided to go looking for him, I even asked around if anyone saw him. Ollie said he's at the top of the hill. That looked like a good place to watch the sun set.

I wanted to talk to him about what happened earlier on in the day so we could finally get through our so called fight. It was more like Felix getting angry at me while I'm over here not knowing why he even lashed out in the first place. Me, personally, I don't deserve an explanation. Felix & I just met a few days ago after all. I just us to be ok.

"Hey..." I stood behind him just in case he didn't want me there. Felix had his legs crossed while leaning back against his palms. We actually didn't say anything to each other, but he definitely tilted his head backwards to look at me. The sky was a perfect blend of purple & orange with a hint of blue & white, it was a beautiful sight. The sounds/smell of waves crashing made the scenery even better.