Chapter 20

Warning ⚠️: Mentions of rape

~Felix's POV~

I looked around multiple times to see if anyone else was seeing Izzy crying on the curb, but no one was around. I have 2 options were to just leave her there & mind my own business or actually do something about this. This would've been the time to leave if I wanted to. My morals were preventing me to turn the other way so I could ignore this, she did tell me to go back to hating her though. "Izzy, it's really cold out. Why're you dressed like this?" I didn't this subconsciously while I unzipped my pink jacket to put it over her. Damn it for caring.

Izzy looked up at me & started crying even louder this time. This wasn't what I thought she was going to react for keeping her warm, I'll give her a pass this time since she's going through something. "A-Are you ok?" I had literally no idea what to say to her for the reasons that we weren't friends anymore. It was my decision, yes, still yet, I don't know how to speak to her. "What are you doing here Felix? I thought you hated me." Her voice was very nasally as Izzy pulled out a pack of tissues from her pocket. Why am I still here?

"I do, I was just walking home." I stood up straight with my hands in my jean's pockets while I silently sighed. This was getting a bit awkward the more I stayed put, no one was saying anything either like how I was with Luna earlier. "You wanna tell me why you're out here freezing? You look like a hooker from what you're wearing." It felt like I was the one who was supposed to break the silence. I don't think she'll say anything if I actually didn't. "If you're hear to hate on me you could just leave." My sympathy for her is nonexistent, that's why I said it plainly.

"I hate you, but I'm not a dick. You think I'm gonna let you suffer here in the cold wearing an off the shoulder crop top & some short shorts. If there's anything I remember when we were friends you hated exposing your skin like this. There's only 2 things I can think of that happened: It's either you finally lost it or you ran out of your house so fast because your uncle is continuing what he always did since you were 9. Sorry, I'm blunt."

"You don't know me Felix. What if I wanted to try something different for once in my life or I had a fight with my parents." Izzy stood up throwing my jacket back at me while yelling in my face. I wasn't really phased by this, if anything, I'm more amused than anything else because I know Izzy is playing to defensive. She knows I'm right. "Here's the thing Izzy, am I wrong?" I threw my jack back her & she caught when I asked Izzy that question. This isn't really the type of situation she's usually in.

"Now put that jacket on & tell me I'm wrong. Ikaika isn't around, I'm your best bet." The jacket was oversized for her small frame of a body so she'll be kept for awhile. Izzy looked down at the ground slightly shuffling her feet. "I never should've told you about my uncle, but you're not wrong. My parents were having a date night & I had just gotten out of the shower. There was a knock at my door, thinking it was my mom I told them to come in-" Izzy started crying once again, I just stood there.

"Before anything could happen I fought him off, grabbed what clothes that were nearby before running out the door. I ran as fast as I could, I didn't bother looking back-" I pulled Izzy into a hug before she could drop to her knees & there was a surprised gasp that she accidentally made, but her head rested on my shoulder as she cried a lot more. Fuck, how could I not have known when we were friends at the time. I could've helped her back then. "Don't explain yourself anymore. I've heard enough to know that you're not sleeping at home tonight." I grabbed Izzy by the shoulder so she could look in my eyes.