It's a Match!

Son Yejin POV

Law Offices of Gong Yoo and Associates

"Mr. Gong, can I go home now?"

"Home or the bar across the street, huh?"

"The bar across the street, Sir."

"Bring me the memo and the subpoenas documents that I have asked you to finish today, then you can go."

"I have passed it to Taejoon, Sir, and I believe he is working on those documents."

"Is Taejoon your boss here?"

"You are, but you were out all day and I think Taejoon will help you get them done quicker."

"My God, Son Yejin! No more excuses and get those documents here, please. I'm tired."

"Alright. Should I order a take out for you too, Sir?"

"I'm asking for fucking subpoenas documents not a box of fried chicken!"

"Okay, coming to you soon."

20 minutes later.

"What took you so long?!"

"Here comes the subpoenas documents and the fried chicken. Bon appétit!"

"Son Yejin...oh my God," he exhaled, "thank you. Come, sit, have some with me."

"Thank you, but maybe next time, Sir. My friends have been waiting for me. Sorry about the documents and my initiatives to pass it to Taejoon, I just want to help. But next time, I'll always prepare the fried chicken earlier."

"Why the fried chicken?"

"A hungry man is an angry man."

"I'm sorry for what I said. I was hungry. Bill it to the finance on my personal expense."

"Told you what. Goodbye, Mr. Gong, see you tomorrow!"

Wish You Were Beer Bar

"Where the hell were you Yejin? Yumi is already tipsy!" Shinhye points at Yumi who has been sitting next to her with heads on the table, unclear whether she is still sober or not.

"Shinhye, sorry, her husband was troubling me with some documents. He was hungry so I have to take care of that first, order a fried chicken before I can leave in peace. I'm still a new secretary there."

Yumi recommended me when her husband, Gong Yoo, a family attorney, was looking for a new legal secretary. I was unemployed at the moment so he gave me an interview and hired me. I have been teaming up with a young idealist intern soon to be lawyer Choi Taejoon, who happens to be Park Shinhye's husband. So practically my world revolves around these two best friends of mine and their husbands.

Jung Yumi is a few years older than me, a news anchor for Seoul's most popular news programs, Good Morning Seoul. She is an ambitious career woman in the broadcasting industry, has a reputation as a perfectionist, and has been working her way up to be a producer. Often puts her husband after her career, and always uses his busy schedules as the main reason that she has to spend her time in a more productive way.

Park Shinhye, is a few years younger than me, an heiress of the KBS TV station where Yumi works. She has a lot of fans on her Instagram, mostly males, because of her attractive looks and interesting posts about her jet-set life. She is practically jobless as she already born in wealth, and loves shopping very much because why not. Even though she is friendly to everyone, she always claims that she knows her boundaries, and not once ever she cheats on her husband. She just loves being loved.