Game Over

Son Yejin POV

Yumi says that we are going to have lunch together. Yumi and Yoo, Shinhye and Taejoon, me and...him. Not that I don't like him, I like him a lot, but my endless issue with Jihoon is clouding me. It's supposed to end, he is going to get married today, for God's sake but look at me, gloomy all the way.

Yumi comes up to my bedroom and leans on the door.

"You're coming, aren't you?"

"What about you?"

"I've fixed my issue with him."

"What happened?"

"Same old problem. Protested that he doesn't feel like a priority for me anymore. I'm still trying to make some peace with my own self, that we can't have kids. There, I say it out loud. The doctor said that we can't have kids, bad luck, we're both troubled."

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. Shinhye will pop out beautiful babies and I will kidnap them. You too, give me cute nephews and nieces. Working diverts my stress. What else can I conquer other than a career?"

"But he is important too."

"The Parks is hinting that they will give me a promotion next month as a producer for Bin's program, the GAS. I've been working extra and often come home late. So he has protested I rarely prepare food or eat together with him. I sense some jealousy towards my career. That night I came home earlier, to cook a roasted chicken for two fucking hours and he came home said that he's full, he already had dinner. I was going to surprise him but he surprised me. I was so mad, then I decided to just fly here and he said that he better giving me space."

"Oh, I see. He often asks me to buy take out meals for lunch or dinner."

"Thank God it's you. If he has a secretary who isn't you, he probably will cheat too."

"I'm sure that he doesn't cheat. He just finds out that take out meal is--"

"Always available. Never get grumpy. Anyway, I heard that you asked me to stay in your own hotel room, didn't you? Was that Jihoon who booked the room?"

"Yes. I don't know how to get over this, Yumi. I'm a fool, a love fool."

"Have some self-respect, Yejin! For God's sake. You're toying with men to cope with your issue with Jihoon. I know you love him but he is going to get married today, Yejin, and as fucked up his reason is, he doesn't deserve you. I'm not...I can't if you end up with him."

"I know. I know. I'm processing this."

"Try to open up yourself with Bin, he is my friend. I heard that you have known each other too before this. Did he treat you harshly or make you feeling uncomfortable?"

"No, he did not, he is so nice to me."

"Give him a chance, Yejin. At least for tonight, he can be your arm candy. You need a date, and I think everyone agrees, that he is way more gorgeous than the groom."

"That's subjective, but this time, I agree. I'll try, but if I feel like this won't work then don't scold me for dumping him on Monday."

"The Son Yejin cycle? Weekend hot date dump on Monday?"

"Yeah, the Son Yejin cycle. Is he really, that nice? I got the impression that he is a player."

"So are you. But I see you have a heart too, dumbly you gave yours to Jihoon. Take it back. See and decide whether Bin deserves yours. But please, stay here with us, don't go to that fucking room Jihoon has booked for you. There is a reason that Shinhye chose this four bedrooms villa, that if things don't work between you and Bin, you both have separate rooms."