Coincidence

Hyun Bin POV

"Can we press pause?" she asks.

What?

I ignore her words and pull her waist closer to plant a deeper kiss on her lips.

"I..I'm sorry, you should go home." she lightly pushes me.

She walks away from me and sitting on her bed.

"I'm sorry if I cross the line. Please, forgive me."

"No need to, that was me too. Let's call it a night, shall we?" She bits her lips again.

I find her kinda moody. She escalates quickly from gloomy to cheerful then seducing and back to gloomy.

"What really has happened to you?"

"Nothing. I'll just blame my period."

"Period?"

"Yeah, period. Women tend to be moody in her period."

I nod in clueless, just going to accept that period thing which is out of my field. Undebatable.

"Can I pick you up for work, tomorrow morning?"

"No need to, Taejoon and his driver will pick me up tomorrow, we have to go straight to the judge's office, first thing first. It's not the same direction to KBS."

A wave of disappointment wash over me. I don't know when I can meet her again. She rejects my offer and she will be busy on the weekend. Maybe I will try again next week if I still have the same curiosity over her.

"Well, goodbye, then," I smile to her and turn around to open the doorknob.

"Bin, what about Friday night that you've mentioned before? After work. Are you still upon it?"

"Yeah, but will you still be this moody? "

Suddenly she throws me a small pillow.

"Get out!" she pouts.

"Jeez, woman."

She gets down from the bed and walks to me holding the doorknob.

"What?" she asks.

"No goodnight kiss?'

She rolls her eyes and pats my cheek. Not bad, better than the pillow.

"That's for you now."

The next day, Yejin tells me to wait for her at the bar. Her boss left the office early to catch up on a flight and her workmate doesn't come to work so she has to work double. Yumi also told me this morning that she and Yoo will be going somewhere for a short holiday. Good decisions that I have agreed to join Shinhye's trip. Like everyone in my circles is away for the weekend.

I sit alone waiting for her. Some girls say hi to me and offering a company, but I politely refuse them. I spot Insung the night news anchor having some drinks at the corner of the table. I scoot over closer to his chair.

"You're about to clock in, aren't you?" I ask.

"Still one hour more. I have a bad day."

"But you look totally drunk. Will you be able to show up?"

"I will. The crew will make some remedies for me. Why are you here alone? Where's Yejin?"

"Still at work. She has to cover her workmate today."

"So you're still together, what day is today? Friday.. you still have Saturday and Sunday. If you play it good, you'll have a blast weekend then she will kiss you goodbye on Monday."