The Gentle Lover

She was too much for most men. She was waiting for a man to match her fire with his, then they would burn the whole world down together --The Better Man Project

Son Yejin POV

"I Uhm, actually very tired, babe. What if we just cuddle now?" I uncomfortably answer.

He chuckles.

"Sure, but take this off, please," he pulls his tee that I'm wearing.

Bin holds me from behind and leaving a trail of kisses down from my nape, shoulder, and half my back before his lips lands on my cheek whispering goodnights.

I stay with him that night and a few days after. Bin takes half of my closet and my entire toiletries from my flat and brings them to his place the next morning.

"I still have some bandages and bruises. I want you to treat me here. Don't debate me," his excuse.

I can only laugh at his childish excuse that surely making my heart flutters inside.

This afternoon we have lunch together at his parents' house. Turn out Bin is one of those rich kids from Seoul. His parents are retired attorneys for big foreign companies. Nothing seems out of place but they're very comfortable.

Not the nicest persons I have ever met thou, but at least they don't flinch when Bin told them that he intends to marry me. It's just...when they ask me about my family, a disturbing comment pop out.

"I'll ask someone to prepare the prenup, " his Dad says.

Oh wow. Do they really think that I'm a gold digger because of my financial condition is no equal with their son?

"Don't get us wrong, a prenup will protect you from debts as well, " his mother adds.

"Is this really necessary? She doesn't know any about us before today. I don't like the idea, and I don't think we'll ever need a prenup, " Bin sounds annoyed.

"My boss is a family attorney, let me do the paperwork, " I try to cool down the situation.

"Remember about your sister, Bin. She is in trouble now thanks to her ex-husband. You may make other investments in the future and you can't expect everything would always be the right decision. Don't weigh problem on your future wife."

"As if we're going to be married only for a certain period. I'm planning forever, " he's still calmly answers but clearly uncomfortable.

"Sweetie, you work for a family attorney. I'm sure you know better about what I'm talking about."

"I know. Nobody intends to divorce when they get married, but divorces are messy."

"Babe, I'm sorry about my parents, " Bin opens tonight's pillow talk when we lay together on his bed.

"Don't sweat the small stuff, they are right some point. Today I just found out that you have money invested in some companies, and if you go leaving me debts, I'm not sure that I'd be able to settle it."

"Prenup is a romance killer. I don't like it. It feels like I'm trying to protect you from what I've earned. I'll share everything I have with you."

"Why you never told me before, Bin? About your background. It's not that unusual, anyway. Rich attorneys who invested in multi-business. I have thought worse to be honest."

"I know some women interested only in that aspect. I want you to know about me better and see if things work between us before I tell you more. I can't hide the fact or pretend to be someone else I'm not, it's just I don't tell one at the time."