Potential Rebound

Son Yejin POV

Ju Jihoon is a thriving criminal attorney. He is Mr. Gong's junior in college and now a senior associate in his law firm.

He and I became us when we were in college. I supported his dream to become a criminal attorney and stayed as a supportive girlfriend even when he ignored me to focus on studying. His efforts resulted in how he wanted it, but it took its toll on us. Law school was and still expensive, and I didn't have the privilege for it. I chose to work from one to another law firms doing what fits my educational qualification, and he was on his path becoming an attorney.

We were still seeing each other at that time, I was still labeling my self as his, until one day he told me that he has just agreed on an engagement arranged by his parent's. They said that I wasn't good enough, not pretty enough, and I came from the different social class.

I suffered a major broken heart and thought that was the end. I never looked out for him again and started to become a player. No boyfriends, no problem. I was young, too fucking cool to label my self as someone else's. I learned how to doll up and hoping that one day, he will regret what he has done to me.

The circle began when Yumi and Yoo got married. I met him at their wedding and there I knew that he never got married to his fiancee. The arranged marriage was canceled and I saw a bit of hope, but still refuse to quickly give up.

Jihoon does Mr. Gong's strategy on me better than how Mr. Going does on his cases. Seeking for emotional aspects. I pretend that I'm not affected but yet I let him touch me again.

I keep a comfortable distance. I actually want to move on, but I am suck at this. I'm addicted to Ju Jihoon. I am an addict who's trying to find other drugs.

That guy Hyun Bin is a potential one. Totally looks like my next boyfriend. As lame as his cheesy pick-up line was, the feeling to have a connection is actually mutual. I want to play longer with him, but he is a player indeed.

I can picture us going on more than just one date, maybe going more physically intimate too, but I don't want to repeat the history. He has to be the one who waits for me, not the other way around. He has to be the one who's smitten, surrender, and lose on this game.

Back in the office, Mr. Gong heads directly to his office room while I and Taejoon back to our desks. Staff from other department comes to my desk and says, "Mr. Ju is looking for you, Yejin. Don't ask why I don't know."

"Does his secretary call for sick or what?" Taejoon asks.

"I don't know. I'm just being asked to summon you, bye!"

I nod and hesitantly open my purse to look for my cosmetic pouch. I peek on the mirror to redo my lipstick and pull some strain of hair from my face.

"Ahh...Yejin, redoing your make up? What's going on with you? Do you need me to come with you?"

"Shut up. Of course not."

"Well, let's see if you come back here and the lipstick would still be on the same shape."

"Taejoon, I'm working not offering my self there."

I knock on his already opened door. He smiles and waves his finger gesturing me to come in.

"Close the door, please," he asks.

Suddenly I feel a certain nervous feeling but I proceed to close it anyway.

"Sit down, please," he points on the couch, not the chair in front of him.

I do what he asks, and quietly waiting for his next words. He stares at me then stands up, pulling the vertical blind from his room to block us from the others. He squats in front of me and holds my hand.