Igniting the Fire

Son Yejin POV

"I want to tell Bin," I tell my friends in the bar.

"Are you sure? I heard Taejoon has a great plan to kick Jihoon out," Yumi stirs her orange juice.

"Yes, but I'll go with Bin's approval. After all, he is my husband and he has the right to know. Four of you have known and I'm still keeping him in the dark. All I've done is trying to deal with my guilt by pleasing him, a bit extra than usual. But my gut tells me that he has to know from me, not anyone else. Then I'll tell him that Taejoon and Shinhye has an alternative way to kick Jihoon out."

"I think that can work too. Yoo said that as long as you tell him calmly and that you have an alternate solution rather than let him goes after Jihoon directly, things would get under control. Yoo wants to kick Jihoon out, really, but he can't play judge and violate their agreement, since you said that you don't want to come forward to the authorities to report and prove it."

"I know. I'm thinking about talking more with Mr. Gong and see what are my options."

"But are you sure? I mean, your husband is another member of the jealous husband club," Shinhye comments.

"You think? I haven't ever seen Bin gets jealous, nor Taejoon does," Yumi squints her eyes.

"Taejoon does, Yumi. But for Bin, once, he was on the phone, there was no extreme act thou, as then he and the rest of you were blown out by the bomb. Speaking of the bomb, has the investigation finished?"

"Yeah, your husband delivered the news this afternoon."

"Oh really? I didn't watch him this noon. So, who blew the KBS and why?"

"A terrorist group. They wanted to hurt Prime Minister through Lee Seunggi. The government helped us with the rebuilding and gave generous amounts of compensation for the victims' family, sum up with the insurance company, so my family has chosen to call it ends." Shinhye seriously answers.

"Damn it. It's all because of Lee Seunggi? Then how your family reacted about him working in the KBS?"

"Taejoon made a suggestion for him to resign. He spoke to Seunggi representing my family. I was kinda upset because he did it without telling me first. Not that he had to, but I'm his wife. He spoke to my parents directly. He didn't involve me at all."

"Oh-oh, I smell the jealous Attorney Choi here," I tease the wife.

"Then how did Seunggi take it?" Yumi frowns.

"He has submitted the resignation letter to me this morning. His written reason is he wants to pursue a different career after his wedding. It's going to be held this weekend so the timing is matched. He came to my office room and spoke to me directly," Shinhye looks sad.

"Was there any extra scene that you haven't told us yet?" Yumi gets suspicious.

"No. Just, his voice was so soft, so gentle as he was afraid that he was going to break my heart. I acted cool though, but I couldn't manage my hoarse voice."

"No kiss?" I ask.

"He is not Ju Jihoon."

"Not funny, Shinhye," I pout.

"Am I laughing, Yejin?"

"Stop it, you two. So Shinhye, please. That was Taejoon being jealous. You may not know that he has observed your behavior towards Seunggi. He's just not the loud type like Yoo or Bin. He chose to eliminate the problem indirectly. Not going directly like scolding you or asking you to back off. What a ploy, Taejoon had," Yumi claps her hands.