Chapter 1

I tie the red bandanna headscarf around my head to cover my blonde hair. Yep, you heard it, I'm blonde now. I take a glance out the bay window at the Eiffel tower in the distance.

You might imagine that I am in France for a nice holiday or possibly for work or educational purposes. You would be incorrect.

You see, it has been around about two years since I managed to escape Ace and his gang, and although it may have not been one of my better choices, I have decided to come for revenge. Yes, I know, you are probably all thinking 'What the hell is this crazy bitch thinking? Does she want to be kidnapped again?' But what can I say? I'm stubborn and have an ego the size of Mars. 

I mean, sure, I lived in fear for a little bit and let me tell you, it was trash. I couldn't even focus on my recovery after my escape until I had literally left the country with a new identity because that's how worried I was. 

And yes, I don't want to even want to be tortured like that again but the last thing Ace would expect is for me to be hovering over his shoulder all the while he searched for me. I hadn't seen or spoken to Alex since he dropped me off at the airport. He had disappeared from the Academy and the boys hadn't heard from him either. I didn't bother looking for him, I didn't want to. Not to mention that it was kind of in my best interest not to know his location. As much as I hate to admit it, I had been a terrible pen pall. Kris and Noah had started writing to me after I changed my name again and ditched my phone. I had stopped writing a few months ago and the guilt I felt... They made such an effort to continue being my friend now that I was gone but I was just so busy...

Which brings us back to why I am sitting in a loft in Paris, preparing to go out to a small cafe in town where a few members of The Kings will be doing business with a smaller French street gang today. Because of how Ace treated me, I was going to take away the thing he cherished most; his gang. Yup, y'all think I'm crazy. I have pretty much spent the last two years being a stalker, to put it simply. I knew about every big business deal, every massacre, all their enemies, all their allies, everything. Sure, it has been an awfully boring waste of my time, but what can I say? I'm determined. 

The Kings have broadened and are now an international gang. Ace was here in France but on the complete other side. As much as I would like to just sneak up and stab him, I want him to really suffer. 

I slip on a pair of cat eye sunglasses and slip my feet into my red Louboutins. I have to admit I was pretty proud of my outfit today. I wore a black, silk cami with black skinny jeans and a grey, plaid blazer to top it off. I was getting major Red-Sassy-French vibes since I got changed earlier.

I grab my purse off my duchess and stride out the door, snatching my phone off the charger as I go. I catch James on my way to the door and place a kiss on his cheek. "Your up early," he smiles down at me. Did I forget to mention that I also found a boyfriend? He's french. 

"I'm meeting some of the girls. I'll probably be out for a while, don't wait up," I smile back and I open the door. "Have fun!" Unfortunately for me, I had no friends. Only him.

He has no idea about anything. Not Ace, not Alex, nothing that went down with The Kings. It's easier this way. I met him at an underwear store, funnily enough, he got roped into picking up an order for his sister. He was mortified. 

He is a Doctor. 

I make my way to the lift and press the button. It takes only a few minutes for me to reach the bottom floor. I exit our apartment building and slowly begin to make my way down the bustling street. 

The cafe I was headed to was only a twenty minute walk from our apartment, thankfully enough. Sometimes I literally have to drive for a few hours just to catch a deal. You may call me obsessive, I call it preparing myself. 

The morning sun shone down on my cheeks. Thank my lucky stars it was good weather today. It had rained all week. 

Finally, I reach the cafe and stride inside. I was ten minutes early. I join the small que and read through the options on the blackboard on the wall. "Hey, I'll have the pancake stack and a cappuccino," I speak to the cashier. He nods and takes down my order, pinning it to a board next to a coffee machine. "That will be $22.50" Thank goodness he spoke English. A lot of the workers don't. And although I do, in fact, speak fluent French, it always nice to be understood in English. 

I pay and take a number outside. I plop down at an empty table in the sun and sigh. I scroll through my phone for a few minutes before my coffee arrives. Soon after that, so do a few members of The Kings. They just stood against a brick wall and chatted, looking sketch as hell. As my pancakes arrived, looking brilliant with a berry coulis, so did the French street gang members. I sit and eat my pancakes, my gaze switching between the men and my phone, trying to watch them as sneakily as I could.

I put my phone down and pick up a newspaper that lay on my table. I might as well get the drama while I'm at it. The men were just talking. I manage to snap a few photos on my phone without being to conspicuous.

Well, this has been yet another waste of my time. I was close enough to be able to just hear what was being said. They were talking about money and drugs. Fun times. My phone vibrates on the table and I unlock it. 

-We on for Marseilles's tonight?

James asks. I couldn't help but smile. Marseilles's was the restaurant we went to on our first date. They had the best food.

Of course <3 -

I reply back.

The Kings hand over a small black package, most likely either money or drugs and a few of the French guys leave, only two staying behind. I finish my pancakes and was just finishing off my coffee when someone sits down across from me. I glance up at them and my blood runs cold.

No fucking way.

. . .

Don't forget to like and comment :)

XOXO