Chapter 8

James smiles down at me as we walked. He pull me over to a small bench and gently takes my hands in his. He gently cups my cheek."I love you," he whispers softly, leaning in. His lips meet mine and warmth fills my stomach. The kiss was delicate and meaningful. When we pull away, Alex was sitting in front of me where James once was. "Hey," I greet him. "Hi," he replies quietly. 

Alex leans in and without wasting another second, his lips crash against mine. I kiss him back instantly. He had one hand in my hair and the other on my thigh, pulling me closer to him. The kiss deepened, with such intensity that made me cling to him as if he were the only secure thing in the dizzy world around me. Goosebumps run across my body as his hand traveled higher up my bare thigh. His lips felt sensational against mine. I had never kissed anybody like this before. His lips left mine and he trailed kisses across my jaw and to my neck. 

I couldn't help the quiet moan that escaped my lips as he sucked on a tender spot of my skin. A voice I knew all too well broke me out of my trance. I put a hand on Alex's chest as James stormed u to us. I couldn't hear what he was shouting, or what Alex yelled back. Everything happened so fast but before I knew it, James was lying on the ground, clutching his stomach as blood pooled out. Alex stood beside me, holding a gun. 

I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I couldn't breath. James thrust his arm out towards me. "Ivy, help me!" He spluttered. "Please, you need to help me," he manages out. I desperately wanted to run to him, to help him but I couldn't. My feet felt heavy like concrete and I couldn't take my eyes off the scene in front of me.

Silent tears were streaming down my face as I watched James' eyes flutter shut. His chest stopped rising and his hand dropped to the ground beside him. Alex steps in front of me, blocking my view of James' body. He still held the gun in one hand but he was smirking. "Lets go." He grabs my arm and begins to pull me away. Suddenly I can move again. "No, no I need to help James!" I sob out. He pulls me back roughly and place his hands on my shoulders to stop me. "You don't need him," Alex mutters. "I do," I detest quietly. Alex face morphs in a mixture of anger and disgust. "You're so stupid! He never even loved you!" Alex spits. 

He drops the gun to the ground and rips a knife out of his pocket. Without missing a beat, he plunges the knife into my stomach. My mouth drops open and I grip his shoulders to stop myself from falling to the ground. He looks at me, his expression blank. His eyes... His eyes were the same as Ace's. The eyes of a killer. 

A sudden jolt wakes me up. I bolt upright and bring a hand to my stomach. My heart was pounding in my chest so fast that I was afraid I was going to have a heart attack or something. Alex comes into my view from beside me and I flinch back. It was just a nightmare. It's okay Iv, just calm down.

Concern filled Alex's face from beside me. "Are you okay?" He mumbles, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder. I blink a few times, clearing my throat. "Ah... Yeah, fine," I let out an awkward chuckle. I glance out the window to see that Alex had pulled over into a parking space in town. He carefully swipes his thumb across my cheek and it is only then that I realize I had been crying. Well, this is embarrassing. 

"What the fuck was that?" Alex questions, confused. I roll my eyes. "Just a nightmare." 

He furrows his eyebrows and glances in front of him. I keep my eyes on the ground. I don't even want to look at him right now. I literally dreamt up a steamy make-out session with him while he was literally driving me to my possible death. Great job Ivy.

"You were also sleep talking," Alex smirks. Oh my fucking God, kill me now. I don't even want to begin to imagine what I said. 

"You were talking about helping James? What were you dreaming about?" He asks slowly. I shake my head and glance away from him. "Nothing important." I would rather die right here and now then explain any of that shit to him. I would never hear the end of it. "Anyway, where are we?" I grumble.