Chapter 17

I stumble a little but quickly regain my balance, taking a swig of my nearly empty champagne bottle. I was cold, tired, drunk and my feet were blistered and aching.

For some strange, unknown reason, I couldn't rid my mind of Alex. I couldn't tell if the sick feeling in my stomach was guilt for leaving him with Ace, or disgusts at how terrible of a person he is. Either way, I found myself outside one of The Kings' bases, staring into the seemingly empty building. 

I was much to wasted to be doing what I was about to do, but I couldn't help myself. I sneak around the side of the building, looking for a backdoor or a window. I manage to find a small, low window and snatch a rock off the ground, smashing open the window. I quickly climb in and take in my surroundings. The room was empty and only had a few chairs inside. I waited, for movement, for a sound, for anything, but there was nothing. Lucky me.

I creak open the door and peer out into the dimly lit hallways. I begin to make my way through the building before I stop dead in my tracks. Up ahead stood a large, beefy man with a gun in his hand. I tip toe closer, fortunate enough to have his back turned to me. Once I was close enough, I quickly run and jump onto his shoulders, pulling my arm tightly around his neck. "Go to sleep, just go to sleep," I whisper awkwardly as the mans face begins to pale. Before I knew it he was passed out on the floor between my feet. I swiftly search his pockets, snatching out a set of keys and his gun. I continue, trying to find any familiar passages or anything that could lead me back to our cell.

Finally, after a seriously antagonizing journey, I manage to find it. Alex sat inside, perched up against the brick wall with his eyes closed. I grab one of the few keys on the keychain and wiggle it in the lock. Nope. Alex jumps up and stares at me, wide-eyed. "Ivy?" He hissed, moving closer and reaching through he bars to touch my cheek. "Ah... Hey?" I mutter, swatting his hand away.

"Sorry, they have me on some hard-core drugs right now and I have been hallucinating all night." he grumbles, glancing at the ground. I try another two keys and finally find the right one. The door swings open and he collapses into me, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. "What are you doing here?" He exclaims loudly. I was just thinking the same think, Buddy. I shove my finger against his lips and glance over my shoulder.

"Shut up and follow me," I grumble, beginning to stumble away back down the hallway. How the fuck did I even manage to get in here without being caught, and how the hell am I supposed to get us out? I had only seen one guard so far but I am way to fucked up and Alex is way to high to deal with very much. 

Alex continued to mumble things as I dragged him along, trying my best to retrace my steps.

"Oi! You two!" A gruff voice shouts from behind us. I spin around to see a tall man and woman standing behind us. "Fuck, c'mon," I grimace, pulling Alex into a jog. I hear their footsteps get closer and let out an exasperated sigh. Desperate times call for desperate measures, am I right?

I pause and reach down, pulling my stilettoes off my feet. I turn around and biff the two of the woman. One hits her in the stomach, the other directly in the face. She drops to the ground, unconscious. I pull my gun out of my pocket and aim down, firing. The first one missed by far, hitting a wall on the other side of the hallway, so I try again. I shoot the guy in the foot and he lets out a high-pitched scream. Go team.

Alex and I continue to run, doing our best not to crash into both each other and the walls around us. I find the room that I enter from and all but shove him out the window. He hits the ground with a thump and I land on him shortly after. We had only just reached the property line when a large alarm began to go off. It was the same alarm that went off the first time I escaped from Ace's base. Lights began to flicker on all over the building. Fuck.

It was starting to get lighter, the earlier it got, and I could faintly see one of Ace's SUVs pull up to the building, parking out on the street. Four men jump out, guns at the ready and rush into the building. "This way, Dumbass," I grumble, creeping along the wall and dragging him down the road. Fortunately for us, the car was unlocked and still running. Unfortunately for us, the driver was still inside.

Alex rushes to the drivers side, rips open the door and grabs the man inside, throwing him out onto the road before he even had the chance to reach for his gun. He jumps in and I take the passenger side, slamming my door behind me. 

We take off down the street just as guards began to pile out of the building, Ace and Elijah among them. I roll my window down and blow a kiss at them just before we disappear down the street. 

"Are you sure you are okay to drive?" I ask skeptically as he blinks a few times. He turns to look at me, which only makes my nerves grow. "Yeah I'm fine." He speeds up even more. If I thought Alex's driving was terrible when he was sober, it was safe compared to how he was driving now. 

He must have noticed my expression because he chuckles and looks back to the road. "I'm good. Never crashed in my life," he states proudly, taking a sharp corner. "It's a miracle how," I mutter under my breath. 

Two SUVs just like our one show up close behind us. Great. Lucky me, another car chase. Alex notices and despite my wishes, speeds up more, if that was even possible. Shots began to fire at our car and I curse. I take the gun that I had stole from the guard and roll down my window, shooting the last three bullets, only one hitting the car and cracking the windscreen. "Fuck," I swear, leaning out the window and throwing my empty gun at them. It breaks the front window and hits the passenger. The car swerves and crashes into the side of the road. The car behind it speeds up and quickly takes its place. "Fuck!" I repeat, this time louder.

"Calm your tits, Woman! Check the glovebox, the backseats, look for a duffel bag," Alex grumbles, overtaking another car in order to lose the guys behind us. I open the glovebox and inside was a single gun and a set of amo. I give him a pointed look. How did he know there was a gun in here?

"What? I used to be one of them," he drags out with a shrug. I lean over into the backseat and as he said, there was a duffel bag under the seat. I wrench it open and my eyes widen. There had got to be about ten different kinds of guns in here, along with a few grenades, explosives and knives. A smirk pulls onto my lips. "Brilliant."

I load the first gun I got my hands on and carefully aim out the window. I really didn't want to hurt anyone, just get them off our tail. I shoot and it misses the car entirely, going straight past it. I wince as they begin to shoot back. I duck down into my seat as a few bullets fly past my window. 

I am still to drunk for this shit.

. . .

Don't forget to like and comment :)

XOXO