Mischief (book 1)

Last chapter run through:

I spent the rest of my night catching up with the boys, sharing stories and explaining how I escaped and then I went and found the twins. Kris cried when I went to her dorm and Noah couldn't stop mothering me. They gave me a change of clothes, thankfully enough. A nice pair of comfy sweatpants and a crop top with a hoodie over top. They also had Peter and promised they would take care of him for me. I explain everything, excluding everything about Alex out of the story and missing some of the more gruesome details. I explain that I will have to go again but I will stay safe and will keep in contact.

Enzo had set me up a phone that had heaps of extra security and pretty much prevented any of my information of location from being hacked. He even went as far as creating me a new passport, ID and drivers licence under a new name. I was now going to be 'Evelyn Noble'.

I said my final goodbyes and wandered back out to my car.

I drove for another six hours back to my dad's house to quickly stop in and get what I need, and a new, non-smashed car before getting back on the road.

I get home at last and my bags were in a pile on my bedroom floor. Nothing seemed to have changed since I left for boarding school to begin with. Not that it surprised me, but my dad was not there. I grab one large suitcase and begin to empty some of my duffel bags, going through what I will and won't take. I stumble across a small box. It must have been Alex's although it was in my bag. There were little trinkets and stuff but a strip of photos on the side caught my eye.

It was the photos from the arcade photo booth. We both looked so... Happy...

I shake my head and place the photos back in the box. He betrayed me, remember?

I continue to pack the remainder of my clothes and toiletries before zipping up my suitcase. Before I go, I take some morphine and lug my suitcase down the stairs and into the garage.

My eyes wander across the three cars in the garage. My dad liked fast cars. I walk past the first two and place my suitcase in the back of the Tesla. This was my favorite car because I liked the doors.

I go back inside, snatch the keys out of the drawer and lock up before getting in the car and driving away without looking back.

I make it onto the highway and sigh. I connect my new phone and begin to play my playlist.

I can't go home, I can't go to the Academy, Alex is God knows where and I can't tell another soul in the world what my real name is but I'm free, right?

So, what do I do now?

. . .

Don't forget to like and comment :) 

XOXO