Chapter 3

I cross my arms over my chest as I gaze up at Alex. "I am going to kill you," I grumble, pacing the kitchen. What the hell am I going to do? What was I going to say to James? My head was spinning and I was still struggling to grasp the concept that Alex was here, in the flesh, let alone trying to get me to run away with him after so long. James hadn't come out of our room yet and I was becoming a little worried. I wanted to give him space but at the same time, I wanted nothing else but to have the chance to explain myself. He was probably imagining the worse right now... He wouldn't exactly be far off, but still.

Alex jumps off the island and stands in from of me, gripping my shoulders tightly. "Yvette," his voice was cold. He had been mumbling stuff for the past ten minutes. I didn't comprehend a single word. I was too busy worrying about James and what the hell I was supposed to do in this situation. 

Alex's gaze was mean and he didn't resemble the bubbly, annoying boy I met in high school in the slightest. I roll my shoulders, attempting to escape his grasp. I fall disappointed as his hands stay on my shoulders. 

"What are you waiting for, hm?" He whispers to me, stepping slightly closer. I focus on keeping my breathing in check as I ignore him. I pinch my eyes shut, not wanting him to see how stressed I was.

"I- I..." I open my eyes as he trails off to see his eyes fill with pain and regret. It only lasted a minute before he had shut himself away and all traces of emotion disappeared. I what? What was he going to say before is stupid ego took over?

It doesn't take me long to brush it off and realize what I need to do. I lift my knee up and get Alex where it counts. He lets go of me and drops to the ground in pain. Serves you right motherfucker. I make my way to our bedroom door and pause, taking a deep breath. Here goes nothing. I slowly open the door and peek in. James was sitting on the bed, looking expectingly at me standing in the doorway. 

"Is he gone?" He asks quietly. I furrow my eyebrows and glance over at Alex, who was still crumbled on the floor of the kitchen. "I guess you could say that," I mumble, looking at the floor sheepishly. I walk in and take a seat in front of him at the end of the bed. "Do you want to talk about it?" I whisper. He was silent for a minute before he meets my eyes. "Yes," he states calmly. 

I start from the beginning, explaining about the warehouse explosion and meeting Alex and getting abused by Ace and his men. I explain about coming to France to follow him and his gang and that every time I went out with 'the girls' I was actually going to record a deal. I tell him everything he needs to know to be able to understand why we have to go. "And so now, Ace apparently knows I'm here. If he finds me, he will take me away and kill you, James," I warn. All the while, he has been sitting here, listening intently, his expression unreadable.

"Okay, we can go... As long as it is only you and me. I don't want that guy anywhere near you." James glares over my shoulder at the door. I nod my head. "Brilliant plan. Pack a bag or two, I'll go and make arrangements," I state, going to the door. I hear James get up from behind me and go to the closet. 

I exit the room and walk back into the kitchen to see Alex was on the phone. "Oh no, no no," I walk up and snatch the phone off him. This little bitch. No way was I going to let him call random people while he knew my location. In fact, he probably made some stupid deal with Ace and is here to gain back my trust right before he gets me killed. I raise my phone to my ear. "Who the fuck is this?" I demand into his phone, holding my hand up to silence Alex's complaints. 

A deep voice answers from the other line. "Anyone you want me to be, Babygirl," I couldn't help but smirk. I didn't recognize the voice. "You can get fucked," I sneer grimly, hanging up and throwing Alex's phone into the sink, turning the tap on. 

Alex rushes to wards me but I hold it to the bottom of the sink as it fills with water. "Ivy, what the fuck are you doing. That's my phone!" He shouts, trying to ply it out of my grip. "Hey, don't act like you didn't start this," I raise an eyebrow as he clicks. I bet he bet he is beginning to regret throwing my phone onto the road two years ago. He places his arms on the bench at either side of my waist. 

"Who was that?" I ask slowly. He blinks a few times and smirks down at me. "A good friend who owes me a favor or two." He glances at the ground as if thinking about something. "You need to leave," I change the subject and attempt to push him off me. "And why is that?" He doesn't budge. 

"Because I am heeding your warning... Without you. I have done perfectly well without you all these years, I don't need you now." I smirk up at him confidently. He leans in even closer and bends down slightly, bringing his face closer to mine. I suck in a sharp breath. I forgot what it was like to have him invade my personal space. I guess it has been a while. Oh, that's right. He left me with Ace, knowing full well that he was going to make my life complete and utter hell for however long I was going to be there. He walked away without a second thought about me and whether or not I was even still alive. 

"Oh, you will," he smiles and pushes himself away from me, stalking back a few steps. "I will?" I raise an eyebrow at him. I drop his phone and place my hands where his were only moments ago, ignoring the water droplets that fell to the floor. He is such an asshole. Where was my apology? Where was my 'I'm sorry for leaving you to die a seriously painful death at the hands of my worst enemy'? Then again, this was Alex we were talking about. He isn't exactly one to rely on. 

He smirks down at me and crosses his arms across his chest.

"I have the key to your survival,"

. . .

Don't forget to like and comment :)

XOXO