Chapter 16

I cross my legs and lean further back into the comfortable limo seats. Ace literally went and ordered a limousine to drive us out to where the gun was hidden. As much as I hated that Ace was getting his way, I didn't exactly want to die either, so ya know.

This may even top some of the excruciating road tips I've had with Alex. Ace sat across from me and Elijah sat next to me, pressed as far as possible into his side of the car. He hadn't spoken to me or even so much as glanced at me since our fight. To say it was awkward would have been a major understatement, not to mention my skimpy attire. Alex had hidden the gun in a restaurant, yep you hear me correctly, a restaurant, and a rather fancy one at that so Ace found me an outfit to fit the attire. He had sent one of his men down to the cell with the dress and shoes and even a hairbrush. Alex immediately asked a billion questions but I ignored him for the rest of the day. The satin dress was extremely short and a deep marron color with a low back and spaghetti straps. I wore shiny black shoes to go with it.

A restaurant seems like a rather strange place to hide an item of such importance, but there was a load of storage units and safes on the second floor.

I had considered jumping out of the car while we were driving and trying to make a run for it, but with the speed that this guy was driving, I'm not sure I would make it. 

Ace grabs my wrist as I move to exit the car, pulling me down in front of him. "I will warn you now not to try anything. I am not afraid to kill you in front of all these people," he whispers, looking out the window to where a line waited outside the restaurant. I nod my head and huff, following Elijah onto the sidewalk. Elijah almost immediately clasps his hand around my wrist, not even bothering to look at me. I let him, knowing full-well that I wasn't strong enough to rip my arm out, not to mention causing a scene in front of all these people probably wasn't on Ace's priority list.

Ace walks around us and we follow him to the front of the line. Ace simply had to gesture to the bouncer at the door and he let us in. I guess being a mob boss has its perks. We walk into the restaurant and I lead them to the other side of the fancy room to where a small elevator was. We squish inside and press the button for the second floor. 

The awkward silence that filled the elevator was almost unbearable and I did my best not to burst out laughing. Elijah still has his iron-grip on my wrist and I could tell he was uncomfortable.

The elevator door swings open and we pile out. I make my way to a set of safes and enter in the four-digit pin. The door clicks and I open it up. Inside was the gun, along with a few piles of cash and multiple sorts of drugs. I grab the gun, gripping it tightly in my hand and turned around to face them. 

I hold it out to Ace and pull it away seconds before he was about to grab it. "What happens to me now?" I question, glancing between them. We had never actually come to a verdict on that one...

"We will discuss it over dinner," Ace states, reaching over and taking the gun out of my hands. He marvels at it, weighing it carefully in his hands. A smirk pulls at the corner of his lips as he places the gun inside his jacket pocket. 

"Shall we?"

We head back into the restaurant and a waiter leads us to a table. Now that we weren't in that speeding car, I could escape, that is if they weren't going to let me go freely. To make things easier, Elijah sits beside Ace across the table from me.

"So am I free to go, or...? Because quite frankly, having dinner with you two is the last thing I want to be doing right about now," I grumble, crossing my arms over my chest. Ace chuckles, scouring through a menu. "Eat something, mon amour," he replies bluntly, not taking his eyes off the menu. I roll my eyes and pick up a menu.