Chapter 15

The next morning was excruciating. Every single inch of my body was burning and it took me a good few minutes simply to sit up. I didn't sleep at all last night, Alex did. He was out cold only an hour or so after Elijah left. I'm not sure what time it was, but one of the guards had slipped one tray of food under the cell door. On the tray was a single bread roll, an apple and a meat stew of sorts. They biffed one plastic spork under the door as well and it went skidding across the grimy stone floor. 

"Food is for two people. You share," a man with a thick French accent and bad English snorted from the other side. I huff in reply and ignore the tray, having no appetite. Alex was still asleep by the time a guard came to get me. 

A big, beefy man roughly grabs my arm, hoisting me out of the cell and down the hall. We arrive into the same white room from last night and he throws me to the floor. Ace and Elijah stood in the room, Ace staring down at me in amusement while Elijah avoided my eyes.

The guard left the room, leaving me with the two of them. I struggle to push myself off the ground, stumbling a little as I finally manage to stand straight. "Your strength amazes me even still, mon chérie," Ace's voice was calm as he approached me. I stay extremely still as he slowly walks around me, before taking his place back next to Elijah. I stay silent. 

"I don't want to ruin your pretty face all over again, not when this could all be very simple. I am going to get that gun one way or the other, and it would do you good to give up its location before your dear Alexander does. I'm sure you two are working your own problems out right now, but if anyone can understand your reason for feeling untrusting, it's me," Ace continues with a casual grin. Elijah stayed expressionless from beside him.

"Where are your men?" I mutter, my voice coming out raspy. He looked taken aback by my question and it made me want to laugh. "My men? Why do you ask?" Ace questions skeptically.

I shrug and smile up at them. "You're not scared of me this time. Why?" I ask, trying not to laugh. "Scared of you? You are a little girl, Yvette, why do you think that someone like me would ever be scared of you?" That, my dude, is a brilliant question.

"Well you never come and find me yourself, you never get your hands dirty with me, you never even come within a four mile radius of me without at least five guys around to save your ass when I turn off my humanity switch and go all psycho. Now all of a sudden it's just you and your bitch are either trusting me not to try hurt you or trusting yourselves enough to be able to fight me off. So, which is it?" I smirk at his dumbfounded expression, even Elijah was staring at me in amusement. 

Ace laughs for a minute and turns to his little bestie. "Man, I want her," he mutters. 

"And I take great pleasure in knowing that you will never have me," I reply coldly, raising my hands into the air. Ace scoffs and walks up to me, coming very close and placing a hand on my shoulder.

"You see Elijah here has a bit of an anger problem. He just... Snaps sometimes, just like you, you know? And you see Elijah here is a lot stronger than you, and is a lot more trained. He can make you regret ever even meeting Alexander all within a few punches," Ace murmurs lowly. 

I scoff and a dry laugh leaves my lips. "Honey, I already regret meeting that fucker! I don't need anyone for that." I couldn't help but laugh. I gained a surprising amount of personal growth during my time staring aimlessly at the gross ceiling all night. 

Ace just ignores me. "I will give you one last chance to tell me where the gun is. You don't have to be hurt anymore than you already have. It will only get worse as it goes along, and if you don't give in, then Alex will. I like you much more than him and I really hope you make the right decision. We both know Alex will save himself the first chance he gets," Ace spits, tightening his grip on my shoulder.