Chapter 10

My eyes flutter open and I immediately wince at the light pouring through the window. A killer headache kicks in and I groan, rolling over. What the fuck even happened last night? The last thing I remember was Alex playing some music on the TV and then everything after that was a blur. I glance over to the other side of the bed where I expected Alex to be, only to find it empty. 

A weird feeling pools into my stomach. What was it? Guilt? Guilt that I had left James to go and get drunk with Alex? Regret for getting drunk with him in the first place? I wasn't quite sure but whatever it was, it was bothering me. I manage to untangle my legs out of the bed sheets and stumble out of the bedroom, rubbing my temples as my headache worsens. I haven't been hungover in ages. James didn't drink or smoke so after we got together, I quit all of that stuff. 

I trip into the lounge and a frown forms on my face. Where the fuck is he? "Alex?" I ask slowly. There was no response but I hear a clang in the kitchen. I creep back into the bedroom and grab my bag, unzipping it and pulling a gun out of the side pocket. I tip toe back into the lounge and press myself up against the wall. 

I take a deep breath and turn the corner, gun raised. I let go of the breath I was holding. Alex stood in the kitchen in his boxer, cooking something. His hair was in messy curls and hung just over his eyes. "Good morning to you too," he chuckles, raising his spatula in defense. I roll my eyes and lower the gun, placing it on the bench. "What are you making?" I ask slowly, peering over his shoulder at what looked like flat lumps of charcoal in the frying pan. "Pancakes..." He trails off, cringing down at the contents inside the pan. 

"...Alright then," I nod unconvincingly and turn away. He slips his arm around my waist and pulls me back against. He drops the spatula into the pan and wraps the other arm around my waist, holding me tightly against his extremely shirtless body. I can literally feel his abs in my back right now.

"How was your sleep?" He whispers seductively in my ear. I roll my arm and drop my head. "It was alright." He lets go of me and walks to the lounge. He comes back with a small plastic bag, handing it to me. Inside was a box of asprin and a bottle of flavored water. I smile up at him and take out the items. "Thank you!" I all but shout as I down two tablets with the water. 

I shuffle him out of the way and grab the spatula, taking the two burnt pancakes out of the pan and throwing them int he trash. I grab the small plastic bottle with add-water pancake mix inside and pour another two pancakes into the pan. 

I manage to cook up the rest of the batch, serving them onto two plates and bringing them out to the small coffee table in front of the TV. "Fuck yes," Alex mutters to himself, digging in. I switch on the TV and begin to shuffle through the channels, settling for the weather reports.

We eat in silence, keeping out eyes glued to the TV. It only takes Alex two minutes to finish all his pancakes. He leans back and props his arm on the couch beside my head. "So," I begin, finishing up and placing my plate on the small table in front of us. "What now?" I mumble. We hadn't really discussed what it was exactly that we were going to do once we had the gun. I mean, I assume that Alex wasn't just going to hand it over to me, at least not without a fight. 

He shrugs. "We send Ace a message." I furrow my eyebrows at him. Just like that? No special plan or thought-through ideas? I didn't like the sound of this. "What do you mean 'send Ace a message?'" I ask slowly. Kind of hoping he would begin to laugh and state that he actually had a brilliant plan. 

He simply shrugs again. "Just let him know we have multiple things that he wants," Alex says, gesturing from himself, to me and then to the bedroom where the gun was. This man seriously has a death wish. "And what about when he sends his goons out to kidnap us?" I prod. It is at times like these were I just wish I could see what this motherfucker was thinking. Maybe he is still slightly drunk from last night...