21

The bedroom door opened and Alex walked in, closing it behind him. His eyes went to the tray of food I hadn't touched and left on the dresser. It had only been a day since I spoke to Jason, but I still had no appetite.

"You didn't eat dinner last night and now you won't eat breakfast?" Alex questioned.

"I'm not hungry," I stated from the bed. I was sat up, as I couldn't fall asleep last night either.

"Well I'm not going to force you to eat, doesn't affect me. Your medic-"

"I took my meds, I know better," I interrupted him. I really wasn't in the mood to speak to him.

He walked over though, standing at the end of the bed. "I gotta say, you out on quite a performance yesterday!  Although I would've used the tears while Jason was still here."

"I know you think this is some fun game, but it's not! My emotions, Jason's gang, our lives, aren't something for you to play with!" I snapped.

"They are now! And I'm having a pretty good time!" Alex smirked.

"Really? Cause you still don't have the gang," I pointed out.

"True, turns out I overestimated how much Jason loves you...if he does at all..."

I felt a pain in my chest just from his words, but I knew what he was trying to do. "He does love me, he's just finding another way."

"If he loved you he would've taken the deal and started a new life with you. He wouldn't need the gang, he'd only need you!" Alex taunted, coming closer.

"The gang is more than just him!"

"Exactly! He could easily hand it over, and let me run it so he could live a happy and carefree life with you," he explained, stepping closer and closer. "And the gang wouldn't even compare to you, if he truly loved you..."

Alex gave a confident grin, making my stomach twist in awful ways with how close he was. "You act like you know what love is, but I bet you've never loved anyone. And no one has loved you!" I tried to hit back like he was.

"You can think you know everything but still know nothing! I grew up with Jason, I know him better than you, and I know he isn't capable of loving anyone. I thought there was a chance with you, given the news, but he just proved I was right the first time," Alex shrugged.

"This doesn't prove anything, except that he's a good leader! Something you clearly aren't and never will be!" Alex's expression changed, and I could see I was getting to him. "It's the whole reason your father chose Jason to take over instead of you. You would never put others before yourself, because no one ever put you before themselves!"

"Jason doesn't put you first either! He cares more about his business than your safety!" Alex  raised his voice.

I ignored him though and continued. "And I bet you want the gang more for just power, you want to prove yourself worthy! Prove your better than Jason, prove your father wrong..."

"And you just want someone to give you the time of day, but here you are because Jason decided to leave you here!" He cut me off.

I locked eyes with him, done going back and forth just for his amusement. "Get out," I said simply. Alex grinned once again, knowing he got to me. He didn't move a muscle though, and I raised my voice, "Get out!" I spat, pushing him back but he caught both my wrists.

I tried to pull away, but his grip tightened. "You must have forgotten you're a prisoner here. You're in my territory, under my rules, and my control. You don't tell me when to leave, and you certainly don't try to hit me," he threatened, squeezing my wrists tighter before finally dropping them.

I resisted the urge to grab my wrists in pain, not wanting him to know he hurt me since his eyes were glued to mine. He slowly backed away, and when he reached the door, he just said, "Things are about to get a lot worse from now on!"

When the door finally closed, I looked down and could see the now red marks left by his hands. I bit my lip and winced in pain, now fearing what was to come.