23

The next couple days were hell as Alex continued to torture me, adding something new every day. The cattle prod was still there, but he also added in general beating with a baton the next day, and the day after that he added a terrible, loud screeching that echoed through the room and made my ears feel as if they were bleeding. And of course there was always the moment at the end of it all when Alex made sure there were pictures taken of me to send to Jason, and a video one time. There was a lot to capture between my scars bruises covering my body, just what Alex wants.

I wasn't even sent back to the bedroom last night, sleeping on the floor in the torture room. I had been given no food today so far, and no medication for two days either so I was enduring multiple panic attacks on top of the physical torture. I had never been in so much pain, or experienced so much fear in my life. And the worst part was that I couldn't do anything to stop it, it was all out of my hands and in Alex and Jason's.

I began to wonder if Jason would ever be able to get me out, or what he was currently doing while I was stuck in here. He says he loves me, but it was hard to believe at the moment. I just had to remind myself he was trying, and breaking me out of another gang's hideout was more difficult than breaking me out of the hospital.  There were just so many added layers, other factors to account for, and I just had to hang on to hope.  I would be out of here eventually.

The sound of the metal door opening made me jump and look up, spotting Alex. He always came in at the beginning to explain the torture I'd be experiencing that day, I think he finds joy in seeing me squirm. And no matter how hard I tried, at this point I couldn't help but give him that satisfaction.

I gulped as he walked toward me, backing away.  "How was your night in here? Different, I'm sure," he began. I didn't respond, finding no need. "I don't see a point in putting you in a nice comfy bed anymore, much easier to keep you in one room." I avoided eye contact, and remained silent as he continued to come closer. "Jason has seen what I've sent him, if he wises up this might all be over soon," he added, making me perk up at the sound of Jason's name. "That is, if actually cares about you.  Which I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he doesn't..."

"What's the point in all this? You've taken hundreds of pictures and videos, Jason has seen them, why keep torturing me? I can't do anything!" I burst out, holding back tears.

Alex kneeled down to my level, looking straight at me now. "Because I'm showing Jason that the longer he waits, the worse things will get for you! Otherwise, he'll feel like he can keep taking his sweet time, or that I'm not serious," he explained, giving it a moment before standing back up. "Plus, torture was always a fun part of the job!"

My face scrunched into a disgusted look, amazed that someone could find joy in other people's pain. "You're demented," I spat.

"I prefer twisted, sounds cooler," he smirked. The door opened once again and a couple gang members entered, letting me know the abuse would begin. "Oh, and today I thought I'd add some fire," Alex added, directing my attention to the blow torch one member was now picking up.  

My heart raced and I already felt as if I couldn't breathe as the other picked me up to lock me in the chair again. I screamed, kicking my legs only to be punished with the zap of the cattle prod. It took only seconds for me to be strapped in, and for Alex to give me one last look.

"I'll see you later for the pictures," he said, then leaving the room.

I was now faced with two men, one with a blow torch, the other with the cattle prod. I prepared myself for this new pain, but just when they were about to start there was a loud boom from nearby. All three of us looked in the direction of the sound, confused as it was definitely from nearby. There was another boom, and this time the room shook as it was closer and definitely inside the building. I could hear running from outside, and one of the men in here went to the door to see what was happening. He cracked the door open for just a moment, then closed it and came back over.

"There's a hug wall from the bombs, someone's breaking in," he reported to the other guy. There was then the sound of gunshots right outside the door.

"We have to take her then, you know they're coming for her and McCann will kill us if they get her!"

The hope inside me grew even more, even though I still knew next to nothing. But I did know, Jason was here.