Victoria - III

Victoria Mari Stuart

I felt cold as the harsh wind blew over my face

I felt cold as the harsh wind blew over my face. My eyes fluttered open and saw nothing but black. I shivered as the wind blew stronger the windows made a sound as the wind crashed through its surface.

I sat right up as I reached at the edge of my bed. I felt the small rectangular figure, big enough to fit into my palms. I pulled out its context, a small thin cigar. Wrapped in its glorious brown wrapper stuffed with tobacco.

I pulled out my lighter and light up my cigar. I smiled as the wind blew a soft breeze, a leaf suddenly fell of on the bed. I looked at the open window and there I saw the moon illuminating the room as it lit up the sky and show light in the depths of darkness.

I took a puff of my cigar as i stood up towards the open window. I looked at the stars as I recall the happiest moments I had in this house. Josephine always caught me climbing out of my window just to sit on the roof and gaze at the stars. Instead of pulling me down, she'd climb up and sit next to me as she held my head on her shoulders.

I remember how I'd make things hard for her like disobey her, not caring about anything she says and ignoring her to the very end.

But instead of being frustrated, she grew patient and been very understanding with my every whims. She did not give up on me, no matter how much I pushed her away, she'll always find a reason to stay.

My tears began falling as I remembered how she'd manage to find me drunk in an alley with a bunch of guys pulled me close. I squirmed with all my drunken force to get away but I was trapped.

Before the men could tear my clothes apart, Josephine came in with her mace spray and blinded a couple of guys before dragging me back home.

I expected her to curse me, get mad, to hurt me for being so stupidly drunk. Instead she pulled me into a hug. I was shivering with fear for God knows what could've happen if she wasn't there.

She embraced me as her hands rubbed my back. Gently whispering the words I'd never forget.

You're going to be alright. I'm here now,
I won't let anything bad happen to you.

Those words brought warmth towards my ice cold heart. And from that very moment I knew I was home.

A loud buzz pried me off of my thoughts. I picked up my phone to see an unknown number calling. I ignored it and placed my phone on the bedside table. I took a hit off of my cigar and closed my eyes. Trying to bring back the happy memories I had in my mind.

My breathing slowed down as I entered my safe place. I took slow breaths as I let the darkness take me. Breathe in, breathe out. I could feel my body relaxing slowly drifting to neverland.