Keith - IV

My head was still spinning, it felt a little heavy and sore

My head was still spinning, it felt a little heavy and sore. I felt pain from my arm, i raised it to see a dextrose attached tightly on my hand. My head still buzzing as the beeping sound could be heard somewhere in the room.

I touched my head, there I felt a cloth, somewhat wrapped around my head. Perhaps a bandage, I winced at the pain as my hands reached the back of my head.

The nurses saw me awake, they went in with the doctors to check on me. The doctor did some tests and I answered perfectly.

"Well Mr Keith Collins you are alright, you just need some rest. Don't touch you wounds so that they'll perfectly."

A few minutes later my parents came in rushing by the door. My mother was in tears as my father felt so worried.

"Keith are you okay? Do you remember me?" I nodded as my mom held my hand tightly. I looked at my father he seemed genuinely upset.

"Do you remember anything?" my father asked, my mother looked at him angrily. I shook my head.

"I remember a glimpse of a car rolling over." my mother shocked at what I just said. I tried remembering things, what happened, why am I here but all I could get was pain.

"Why am I here?" I asked and my mother looked at my father worriedly. Like they were hesitant to tell me.

"You were in a car accident. Your car crashed into a post." Dad answered as he looked away. But I wasn't convinced that was what happened.

"Don't harm yourself by forcing to remember my dear. It's 3am and you need to rest." My mother said firmly, she helped me lay down on my bed and tucked me in.

I closed my eyes forcing my self to sleep. A few minutes later I heard my mother's voice. Soft and low, she was whispering. I tried listening to what she was saying.

"Look Anthony he shall never know! Our child has been through a lot. He just got out of rehab, what if he tries doing drugs next?" my mother said to my father.

I tried listening to my father's response but I couldn't make any sense of it. He's voice sounded like a deep rumble. I listened again as my mother spoke.

"Make sure Alex wouldn't tell him anything. Pay him whatever it takes to shut him up." at this point I was more than curious. What was it so dangerous for me to know.

I tried thinking but thinking didn't led me to answers. My head throbbed as I tried recalling what happened that night. I groaned in pain. My mother heard as I felt her presence near me. She was rubbing my arm, trying to calm me down.

I heard the door opened as a voice seemed familiar could be heard.

"Mr and Mrs Collins is there anything wrong? The patient seemed in pain, please avoid exhausting the patient." I heard the doctor walked out of the room.