Victoria - V

The sun was already down when I woke up

The sun was already down when I woke up. Looking at the ceiling as the deafening silence started to hurt. I turned my head and saw Avery peacefully sleeping beside me, my chest heaved. Slowly got up off the bed. My head ringing as the thought came crashing in my head, like waves pulling me down.

My knees weakened as the image of Josephine flashed on my mind. I guess this was supposed to happen. Suppressing the pain of the events had piled up into one big mess. Beginning to feel lightheaded as my heat beats loudly against my ear. Breathing faster and faster, catching my breath with every step I took.

Walking out of the bedroom, holding at the edge of the wall for support

Walking out of the bedroom, holding at the edge of the wall for support. My tears falling down, my hands shook uncontrollably as I walk. Collapsing miserably as I cry non stop on the hallway.

I hate feeling this type of pain. Of being abandoned by someone you love. I've already felt this once with my father as he abandoned me that night.

The night that I called for him non stop, to ask for help, begging him to come. The night I was nearly raped yet my father was nowhere to be found. I was deserted by my own father. Casted aside like I was something unimportant.

I've done everything to walk away from this feeling. To avoid every circumstance of me being discarded and left alone. But now that Josephine is gone, the feeling emerged.

The feeling of drowning over this throbbing pain. Trying so hard to breathe but being constantly pulled down by this immense sadness. The tormenting torture of being alone, unable to function on my own.

My sister found me crying at the edge of the hallway. Rolled up in one corner, hugging my knees as I sob quietly. My chest rising up and down as I struggled to catch my breath. Trish wrapped her arms around me as her tears fell down. We both cried in the corner, no words being uttered, just sobbing quietly in each other's arms.

After quietly crying for awhile, Trish helped me stand up. She smiled as she looked at my face. She wiped my tears and hugged me tightly. Looking at my sister, she's much stronger than I am. I smiled back as she wiped her tears and fixed herself.