part two

"-kook, jungkook. mr. jeon!"

"sorry, miss! what was the question?"

jungkook was snapped out of daydreaming by his math teacher, mrs. fortuna.

"for the last time, what is the capital of turkey?"

"um, hamburg? sorry mrs. fortuna, i've got to go to the nurse. i have a really bad headache and i feel sick."

"fine, jeon."

jungkook picked up his binder and went to his locker. he grabbed his phone and homework folder, even though it was only second period and he didn't have any homework assigned yet, and then he walked out the front door and left.

this was the fourth time since school had started, which was a week ago. since jungkook's birthday was so close, he found that he couldn't concentrate at all. he wanted his soulmate so bad. he needed them. as he got onto his bike, he cringed at a new anxious thought: what if they were younger than him?

jungkook had three siblings, all younger than him. there were the twins, mark and minnie, and the baby, jackson. jungkook was always the oldest, and he hated it. so much. he wanted to be the baby, the one that everyone cuddled and kissed. he wanted to be someone's baby. but if they were younger than him, he would be expected to be mature, strong, and smart. he couldn't be baby when someone else was already baby.

plus, if his soulmate was younger than him, he would have to wait until their birthday.

he shuddered as he stopped at a streetlight. looking into the open windows of the car braked next to him, jungkook could see two men, both very handsome, in the front seats. behind them sat several other men. they were all very attractive. jungkook hoped his soulmate wouldn't mind him lusting over other people for a few days before he turned sixteen.

the light quickly turned green, and the car sped off into the distance. jungkook pouted all the way until he got home, wishing a little bit that the men in the car would turn around from wherever they were and come back to love him.

oh, he had no idea.

oh my god  this is so random and bad i apologize

sorry for the wait! i originally was just going to take this story down because it's really bad but i guess i may as well keep going. don't forget to share, comment, and vote!

published september 8, 2020

367 words