part three

the next week was hell for jungkook. his anxiety over soulmates skyrocketed, and he lost his boxing match. minnie, his younger sister, got sick with the cold, and then jackson did, and jungkook had to stay away from them so that he didn't get sick. 

finally, it was august thirty-first, the day before jungkook's sixteenth birthday. he skipped school again, too overwhelmed to even get out of bed. his mother, who understood that he had anxiety but didn't know the full extent of it, let him stay home. she told him that he could stay home on his birthday, too.

he would.

after everyone had gone, jungkook pulled himself out of bed and went into the kitchen to bake a cake for himself. the decoration went a little astray, but in the end, he had a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting that had "happy birthday jungkook!" written messily on it.

the boy then returned to his bed and fell asleep.

when he awoke the next morning, the first thing he felt was hunger. one look at the clock told him it was four in the morning, and that he had missed dinner. he quietly went to the kitchen and cut a slice of cake which made him realize-

"it's my birthday!" he whispered, overjoyed. "holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck!"

jungkook put the cake on a plate and took it back to his room. he turned on the lights and stripped off his clothes. he then looked himself up and down in the mirror on the back of his door. at first, he panicked because he couldn't see the mark, but when he turned around and noticed a small flower patch on the small of his back, he smiled in relief. upon counting, he noticed there were seven flowers- one small one surrounded by six big ones- but in his excitement he didn't bother to analyze it. jungkook grabbed a sharpie, and looked down at his leg. he uncapped the pen and quickly wrote 'hi' on his thigh. the leg tingled a little, but he wasn't sure if it was the soulmate magic or just nerves. he waited for a few minutes; scrolled through instagram and ate some cake, then looked back to his leg.

nothing had happened. jungkook sighed and went back to his phone, deciding to wait until a more reasonable time.

meanwhile, in a house not too far from jungkookie's...

hoseok woke up, startled. he had just felt something that he hadn't felt in a long time. a tingling on his thigh that meant someone was writing to him. but that was impossible- his five soulmates were right here, all asleep. well, except for one.

"babe?" asked yoongi. "are you okay?"

hoseok hesitated.

"yeah, just a dream."

lmao wait ok i can't remember if i put this in the note last chapter but i didn't know jk's birthday when i wrote this so we're just pretending that school started really early in the year for him. anyways i love all my 61 readers uwu don't be shy to comment! 

oh also sorry this took so long i get way too shy on the days i intend to post my chapters and then i have to work up the courage so 

thank you for being you :)

published september 15, 2020

460 or so words