part eight

'noon today or nine tomorrow?' wrote jungkook, a little confused. 

'the sooner the better!' came a reply. jungkook was 99 percent sure it was from taehyung. 

'we can't wait to meet you!'; seokjin.

holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit-

is this even real?

how could this possibly be happening?

how the actual shit could this be happening?

what magical cosmic deity is keeping an eye on jungkook? what mystical higher power has chosen to be his guardian angel?

it just- it just doesn't add up!

'i really hope this isn't a dream' wrote jungkook in a fervor. 

'...it's not?'

'no, namjoon... i just don't understand... how?'  he felt dazed, almost feverish.

'how what, kook?'

no words, after that, appeared on anyone's bodies. instead the six soulmates watched in awe as their new partner began to draw, in nothing but black marker, on his thigh. they watched a picture come together: a boy, with dark hair, eyes closed, in a swirl of the night sky; shining stars, and tiny planets. the elder men couldn't believe their eyes as purples, blues, dark hues of green, and even black began to transfer onto their legs from jungkook, sweeping the boy in the drawing into space, into these miniature cosmos. an entire galaxy surrounding him, holding the boy afloat in eddies of darkness, of magic, of the mystical power that space holds over the human mind. constellations began to surround the boy- a small cat, a miniature fish, the big dipper, orion's belt. in the distance, there was a bright orange mass, like a sun or a planet or even a supernova. and somehow, the boy in the drawing was getting closer to it- how could a drawing even do that? how could jungkook even do that? what was the youngest trying to say, what did he mean, where did he get these skills-

the tingling suddenly stopped, a dull ache left in their thighs as a reminder of what had just appeared. the six boys, as though snapping out of a trance, all shook their heads one by one and turned away from the drawings. yoongi closed his eyes and laid back while seokjin pulled out his cell phone to take a picture.

at his own home, jungkook's hands had begun to shake. his vision had gone a little blurry and a corn was forming on the knuckle of the fourth finger of his left hand. splotches of dark colored ink scattered across his fingers. he looked at his clock before laying back, exhausted from drawing. the clock read eleven o'clock; an hour before he goes to meet his soulmates. 

a tingling on his hand startles him a few minutes later. the handwriting he can immediately recognize as hoseok's, since it's big, one phrase taking up almost his whole palm, yet neat and concise. 

'jungkookie...'

oh no. was the drawing bad? obviously, it wasn't perfect since jungkook had begun so suddenly, the need to draw overwhelming him and not giving his brain any time before some primal urge told him to react, and he hadn't had the right materials and the drawing was on his skin; plus there was no outlining and that lead to a lot of mistakes-

'where the actual fuck did you learn to draw like that?'

jungkook smiled shyly, even though he was alone in his room. 

tingles suddenly exploded all across his shins and calves. the boy rolled up his sweatpants to the knee and smiled even wider when he saw all six of the older mens' handwritings. 

'that's amazing, ggukie!'

'holy hell, kook! it's so beautiful!'

'teach me how to draw!'

'kookie, i think i'm in love with you' (dramatics were something the boy was beginning to associate with taehyung, even after the few hours the soulamates had known each other. i think you can see why,,,)

'what does it mean, kook?'

happy to a point where he was uncaring and feeling brave, jungkook hastily scribbled 'idk, figure it out for yourself', drew a heart, and then put his pen down and went to get dressed for his lunch date.

lunch date!

lunch date with soulmates!

soulmates!

soulmates! jungkook has soulmates, holy shit. and they like him already, holy shit. and he drew for them, and they liked his drawing, and they're going to meet him at his favorite cafe and (hopefully) buy him lunch. holy shit!

jungkook thinks he's already impressed them, or at least, he hopes he's already impressed them. because he's ignoring the tingles popping up all over his body and he's ignoring the nagging voice inside his head telling him that they're probably telling him to cancel the lunch date because they hate him, and he's calling his best friend because, oh my god, if he hasn't already impressed them he needs to do it now.

the phone rang once, then twice. jungkook rolled his eyes at his best friend. the other boy always picked up his phone on the third ring, no matter what. he was ridiculous, dramatic, and over the top, but jungkook loved him. and he needed someone a little over the top right now, to make his heart, which seemed to be beating at a thousand miles per hour these days, beat a little slower, to make things a little calmer. 

finally, the third ring passed and the boy picked up.

"jungkook! what's up? oh, happy birthday! did you meet talk to your soulmates yet?"

"thank you! and, well, yeah. i have."

he could hear his best friend rolling his eyes. "well, what's it like? what're they like?"

"yeonjunnie, i'm meeting them at the cat cafe downtown in an hour. can you come over?"

ok, i lied last chapter. this might be the second to last chapter since now we get to see some jungkook/txt bonding time. 

also, um, hello? this chapter is like 950 words? and that paragraph about jungkook's drawing? i'm proud of myself. however, writing all fancy like that made me want to type "jeongguk" instead of jungkook. so i slipped in a ggukie. but it was hard not to!

anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter. i had a good time writing it. don't forget to comment and vote! 

i love you all!

published october 25, 2020