part ten

the walk does take about fifteen minutes (how did yeonjun know that?) and by the time jungkook has reached main street, he was desperately hoping that he wasn't sweating. it's not that he was out of shape, it's just that there's a really steep hill...

the cafe's entrance is unassuming, a light pink banner over a regular old door. pictures of cats were hung in the windows and jungkook smiled through his nerves. cats were so cute, but jungkook was really more of a dog person. there were no puppy cafes in his town, unfortunately, but he hoped that one day his soulmates would want to adopt a dog with him. either a golden retriever, a lab, or something small like a spaniel. maybe they even already had a dog. or maybe a cat. either way would be good with jungkook. 

honestly, he was just delirious at this point. cats, dogs, lacy socks. little quips from his friends floated around in his brain, and he thought practically unconsciously of the upcoming science test. physics were fucking brutal. 

"um, sir, are you coming in?" came a voice. a tall man had opened the door, and based on his pink shirt, jungkook assumed he was a worker. "we can't allow loitering, sir, so either come in or don't..."

"oh, i'm sorry!" said the smaller boy. well, way to go, kook. a social interaction, how fun. "i'll come in. sorry," he apologized again. 

"it's alright," said the older. "are you here alone or do you have a reservation?" 

"um, i'm not sure..."

"are you meeting your soulmate?" jungkook looked up at him. "sorry, it's just- you look about sixteen, so i was just thinking that maybe you were."

"oh, no, you're right," said jungkook. "do you maybe have a pen?"

'is it a reservation?'

namjoon was the first to reply. 'we're actually running a little late, lovely. it is a reservation, though, under kim.'

kim. maybe jungkook would be a kim one day.

"um, under kim?" he said to the man. "they aren't here yet, so i guess i'll just wait at the table, if that's okay?"

"sure," smiled the older. "you'll be at table six, right over there. do you want to order something now or wait?"

"i'll wait," he said shyly. "would you, um, maybe- actually, never mind."

"do you want me to wait with you?" asked the worker, kindly. "if that's what you were going to ask, i'm about to be on break so i don't mind."

relieved, jungkook smiled. "would you? that would be so nice!" he let out a big breath. "i'm really, really nervous. i feel like i'm going to die."

the worker grinned at him. "my name's chan. what's yours?"

"jeon jungkook." the younger bowed formally. "i'm sixteen."

"i know," laughed chan. "now, tell me about your soulmate. have you been talking to them for a long time?"

"only a couple hours," admitted jungkook. "today's my birthday."

"wow! well, what are they like?"

"they're so great," sighed the younger. "i honestly think they're really good people. and they're so amazing. like, seriously amazing.  i'm really overwhelmed but like, i dunno, i'm so excited!"

chan laughed. "you're adorable. your soulmate will be lucky to have you. i don't mean to pry, but do you want to tell me more specifics about them?"

"well," jungkook bit his lip. "don't judge me, okay? it's just..."

"i promise i won't judge you."

"well, there's six of them. um, i have six soulmates. and, um, they're all men. except one. but his pronouns are he/him so. um-"

"really?" exclaimed chan. "that's so cool! i have seven soulmates! you're literally going to feel so loved, it's incredible."

"for real?" the younger almost jumped out of his chair, but he held back. "what's it like? tell me about them, it'll calm me down."

"there's seven," said chan, and jungkook watched as a dreamy look climbed into his eyes. "their names are changbin, minho, jeongin, seungmin, jisung, felix, and hyunjin. they're- god, they're my everything. see, i got my soul mark late. it was terrifying, for four years. but i'm the oldest, so only a few of them had to wait for me. they were really confused when we met, but god, i love them. you're going to be so happy, jungkook."

"can i see your mark?" jungkook felt practically euphoric. this new friend made him really happy and he'd almost forgotten that his soulmates were basically standing him up. wait, kook, don't think about that.

"sure," said chan, and pulled up his shirtsleeve. on his wrist was a circle of tiny animals and flowers. jungkook recognized a fox, a squirrel, a cat, a puppy, a wolf, a daisy, and a rose.

"which one is which soulmate?" 

"jeonginnie is the fox, and jisung is the squirrel. we think felix is represented by the cat, and seungmin is the puppy, i'm the wolf, changbin is the daisy, and hyunjin is the rose. some of them don't make sense at first, so it took us a long time to figure them out, but they make sense now. like changbinnie has a hard time opening up and showing his emotions, but once he gets comfortable he's really fun and absolutely adorable. so we were surprised that he was the daisy, but it makes sense."

jungkook had stopped listening after "hyunjin is the rose." the look of absolute love in chan's eyes was so beautiful, so holy, really, that the feeling of excitement had begun to grow. 

"chan," he said, reaching forward to grasp his new friend's hand, "do you think they're almost here?"

the older smiled. "how many did you say there were?"

"six?"

"well, jungkookie, i think they just might be." he pointed to the door, where four dark heads and two brightly colored ones stood, scanning the room for a little teenager who just so happens to be their soulmate.

so am i thinking of being a bitch and making you guys wait again or will i do a double update tonight who knows certainly not me :))

anyways y'all thank you so much for all the reads (last i checked this book had like 700) honestly my day is made every time i check on the book. much love to all my readers !!

also, be????? i love her so much, oh my god. to be totally honest, i never really liked dynamite (i keep summing it up to the fact that none of the regular squad (pdogg, supreme boi, suga, etc) produced it lol) but life goes on?? soty for me. she's everything. not to mention blue and grey sounds EXACTLY like taehyung like listening to blue and grey, winter bear, and sweet night- they're just SO tae. i love it. and yoongi's rap is just so good on that one. telepathy slaps and i love the way it makes the album (overall) represent life going on. like it starts with the sad songs, and then you get happy with telepathy, if that makes sense. plus, jimin's bridge on dis-ease is so good. i can't wait to see future work from the boys who don't produce nearly as much. i hope kth1 comes soon because i will die if tae doesn't bring out more hits like winter bear to get me through this winter. like, die (speaking of dying i'm living for stay bc namjinkook is like my ult ship they're so cute and i can't leave out fly to my room soulmate track sad but kind of upbeat baby i love her too). whew sorry ok see you later my darlings!

990 words!

published nov 22, 2020

i love you all <3