12

You woke up even earlier than usual, deciding to look extra good to school today. Memories of what Oikawa had told you rang in your head as you carefully did your makeup and hair, going for something more eye catching than your default look. You got into uniform and sprayed a little perfume on, then put on some jewelry that would help bring out your eyes. Today you'd test the waters and you had to pull out all the stops for it.

You practically skipped on your way to the classroom, early as usual. You played on your phone as you waited for the boy. You realized after a while he was taking a lot longer than usual, and without realizing it you began to drift asleep, still tired from waking up even earlier than you're used to.

You hadn't known how much time had passed but you awoke to something hitting your face--it was Makki's eraser. You blinked out of your slumber, adjusting to the atmosphere as you realized everyone was in their seats ready to start class. Seeing your face made him snicker, but you thanked him for waking you up before class had started regardless. That's when you noticed.

"Hey Makki, where's Mattsun?" you asked, eyeing the empty desk behind him.

"Oh uhhh, he said something about not feeling well so he'll be home today" he pursed his lips as he turned to your sensei who had just started speaking. You looked at the desk again, inwardly groaning that you had gotten all dolled up for nothing before the worry took over. You hoped he wasn't too sick--maybe you'd get him something to help recover faster during your lunch break.

----------

When you both got up for lunch you told Makki you wouldn't be joining in the light practice today. When he asked why, you told him you were going to make a quick trip to the store to get some things to bring for Matsukawa since he was sick. He smiled softly at you and said he'd join you, mumbling something about not letting you be the hero, but he didn't seem too convincing in his jokes today. You noticed something was a little off but you decided not to press the situation, if he wanted you to know what was wrong he'd tell you after all. Makki was a pretty open person from what you've learned. He sent a text to Oikawa to let him know what you both were doing before he joined you on your way to the store.

When you reached the building you grabbed a basket, immediately walking over and putting a bag of mikan oranges in it. You hummed to yourself as the other followed slowly behind you, impressed as you've seemed to have planned everything you thought he needed ahead of time--all things that wouldn't go bad in the time between then and when you were able to deliver it to him of course. You grabbed a few bags of snacks that you've seen him eat during lunch figuring he enjoyed them, along with a small 6 pack of ginger ale and a 6 pack of Sprite. In the medicine aisle you grabbed some face masks, Vix Vapo Rub, cold medicine and Emergen-C.

Makki looked at all of the stuff in your basket with admiration and guilt. "Don't you think that's a bit overkill (y/n)?"

"Nah, these are all the essentials to getting better!" you smiled.

"This is going to be expensive as hell though" he warned.

"I know, it's worth it though. I want him to get well sooner rather than later~"

"--but you don't even know what he's sick with" he tried to reason.

"That's why I got a lot of different things to cover the bases, if he doesn't need some of it he can always use it another time."

"I see, alright..." he said, looking at his phone. "Our break is almost over so we should probably head to the register."

You nodded, both of you making your way to the registers up front. While on line you saw a cute card of Vabo-chan and added it to your purchases, humming to yourself once more. You were going to knock out whatever illness decided to fuck with that boy.