26

Your eyelids felt heavy, your eyes were swollen and you were severely dehydrated. You looked at the time and jolted up, heart racing in fear--you were incredibly late, and not late to being early--late late.

Your eyes faltered to the random note and water bottle left on the nightstand, you grabbed the note immediately.

'I tried to wake you up several times this morning but you wouldn't budge. I noticed you were crying in your sleep and figured you were in no position to go to school today. Please rest and take the day off, I'll be here to listen if you need it when I get home.

P.S. I saw the Matsukawa boy waiting for you and informed him that you're not feeling well today so don't worry--he gives his regards.

Love,
Mom'

You smiled at the note as you felt relief wash over you as you put it back down, grabbing the water bottle in its stead. You took a big gulp, wiping your mouth with the back of your hand to catch any droplets as you capped it and put it back on the nightstand.

You always liked having the house to yourself to do whatever you wanted but today it was just too quiet and your thoughts were way too loud--you felt anxious as a million thoughts passed through your brain trying to process what happened yesterday and what to do.

You decided to enlist the help of someone who always knew how to make you feel better--your best friend Suga. You took out your phone and immediately shot him a message.

You:
Sugaaaaaaaaaa
Can you come over after school? I need you :(

Suga:
Is everything alright?

You:
Something happened with Kageyama and I don't know what to do...
I want to call Matsukawa but I don't even know what to say to him.
h e l p

Suga: 
Say no more, I'll be there

You smiled lightly, putting your phone on the nightstand before rolling over to go to sleep again since you figured you'd see him after school time.

Within two hours you heard someone knocking at your door and you got up to go check. You peaked through the peep hole and saw the gray haired boy waiting patiently for you on the other side of the door with a bunch of bags on his arms.

You opened the door quickly in surprise to see the other there so soon, he side stepped you and entered the house.

"Suga? Don't you have school?"

"Yeah, I cut a deal with my mom--right now I have 'a stomach ache' so if anyone asks, that's what we're going with!" he winked. "She also told me to bring you this" he said as he lifted the only reusable bag on his arm.

"What's that?"

"I don't know, some kind of snack she makes. She said to tell you it always makes her feel better when my father's being an ass" he chuckled as he handed the bag over to you.

"I love her so much, tell her I said thank you" you put your hands in prayer position.

"Will do! I brought other food and snacks too along with some of your fav movies, let's just chill today and you can talk when you're ready--alright?" he gave you a soft sympathetic smile as he pulled you into a tight hug.

"Thanks Suga, I knew I could count on you" you said smally as you hugged the boy tighter.

----------------

Matsukawa kept taking peaks at your desk throughout the class as if you'd magically pop up. He knew that your mom said you were sick, but he had an uneasy feeling about you somehow being 'sick' and missing school the day after you were going to confront Kageyama. It didn't sit right with him, he felt like something had to have happened but he didn't want to overreact in case he was wrong. He trusted you, he figured he'd wait for you to tell him what happened when you were ready to.