When he gets jealous

Ian:

You and Ian had been dating for almost two weeks now. It was a weekend like any other, but one thing was different. You were really preoccupied with your phone. Someone was texting you and whoever it was was making you grin and act all excited. Ian had very mixed feelings about this. On one hand, he was happy you were so happy, but on the other hand he wanted to know who it was that was making you so happy. Why wasn’t it him? Ian was not a fan of this feeling. 

“Who are you texting?” Ian asked, trying to sound as casual as he could. 

“Oh, it’s Luke.” You said with a smile, “He’s coming into town for a week and he should be here soon!”

Luke? Who was Luke again? Ian remembered you talking about him, he was someone from New Urban, but he couldn’t remember who he was. Was that the guy you used to hang out with all the time? Ian felt his chest grow tight, were you really that excited to see this guy? 

“Th-that’s great.” Ian said, trying to be supportive, “Where’s he staying?”

“Here, of course,” You laughed, “What, do you think my aunt’s going to make him get a hotel room or something?”

Ian forced a laugh, trying to pretend he was okay with that, but inside he was freaking out. After you two started dating, your aunt had made it clear she did want Ian staying over later than 8:30 on school nights and 9:00 on weekends, unless Laurel was over too. This Luke guy could stay the night though? Granted, he was from out of town and not just a mile away like Ian was, but still. 

“(Name)!” Your aunt called, “Come hell me for a minute!” 

“Coming!” You called, “I’ll be right back.”

“Okay.” Ian replied as you kissed his cheek. 

You had left your phone behind, the text tone catching Ian’s attention. He didn’t mean to look, but hearing a cell go off, it was only natural, or maybe habit, to look over. There in the text notification was Luke’s name and a small emoji heart he had sent. Why was this guy sending you hearts?! Ian wanted to look, but knew he shouldn’t. He bit his lip, looking around your room as he wondered how he should bring this up. He knew you wouldn’t cheat on him, but what was going on?

“Sorry about that.” You said, walking back in the room. 

“No problem,” Ian said, glancing around the room, “So, you and Luke, a-are you two close?”

“Well yeah.” You said with a curious look, “Probably as close as you and Barley are. Why?”

A horn honking outside caught his attention. 

You squealed loudly, “He’s here! I’m so excited for you two to meet!”

You grabbed Ian by the hand, leading him out to the front yard. To his surprise, Luke was a grown man. He looked like he was in his early thirties. Why was a grown man sending you heart emojis? You couldn’t have a thing for older guys, right?

“There she is!” Luke said in a booming voice, spreading his arms wide. 

You let go of Ian, leaping into Luke’s arms as the man twirled you around in a big hug. When he set you down, you grabbed him by his sleeve, leading him to Ian. 

“Luke, this is my boyfriend Ian. Ian, this is Luke.” You beamed. 

“So you’re the guy that stole my baby sisters heart!” Luke grinned as he wrapped Ian into a tight hug. 

Sister? Baby sister?! That’s when it hit him. You had mentioned before that you were from a big family. How could he forget that you were the youngest of seven kids and Luke was your second oldest brother? A wave of relief washed over Ian as your brother set him down.