First fight

Ian:
"Love, I'm just tutoring her." Ian said as he followed you down the hall.
"Why can't someone else tutor her?" You asked, spinning around to face him.
"Why is it such a big deal?" Ian asked.
"Cause she likes you!" You snapped, "How can you not see she has feelings for you?!"
"What?" Ian gave you a surprised look, "Tammy's doesn't think of me that way."
"Yes, she does." You said, "Did you not see the way she was trying to flirt with you?"
"She's just a girl in my math class, why would she flirt with me when she knows we're dating?" Ian asked, "Besides, don't you trust me?"
"Of course I trust you. It's her I don't trust!" You said.
"That makes no sense." Ian argued, "I don't know why you're so upset with me. All we're going to do is study math!"
The bell rang and you let out a sigh, "Fine, go tutor her. Whatever happens, don't tell me in a text."
"We're just studying!" Ian called after you as you stormed away.
~~~
"What's wrong Ian?" Tammy asked, scooting her chair a little closer to him, "You seemed distracted."
"I'm sorry," Ian said, "(Name) and I just had our first fight."
"Oh, that's too bad." Tammy said, "What happened?"
"It's nothing." Ian said, waving his hand, "We should get back to the problem."
"Oh, you mean this one?" Tammy asked, leaning against him.
Ian flinched when he felt her shoulder against his. Why did she get that close? He moved the book closer to her as he shifted away from her.
"Y-yeah, that one." He said, "Now what you want to do-"
"Your fight wasn't because of me, was it?" Tammy asked.
Ian felt his cheeks heat up as he stared at her, "H-how-"
"I'm surprised she doesn't trust you more." Tammy said, "I mean, if you were my boyfriend, I wouldn't be so insecure."
"What?" Ian stared at her in disbelief.
"Oh my gosh, did I say that out loud?" Tammy blushed as she looked away.
You were right, Tammy did like Ian. How did he not see that?
"L-listen, Tammy, maybe you should find a different tutor." Ian said as he started to gather his things.
"What? Why?" She asked as she watched him.
"Tammy," Ian asked, "D-do you like me?"
"Yeah, I do." Tammy admitted.
"You know I'm with (Name) though." He said, "So what are you doing?"
"I'm just studying with you." Tammy said with a smile, "If that bothers (Name) so much then I'd say she doesn't trust you."
This is what you were talking about. This is why you were upset at the thought of him tutoring someone who liked him. Now he knew what you meant by trusting him and not her. If your roles were reversed, if you were with someone he knew was going to hit on you, he would be uncomfortable too. Not because of how you'd respond, but because you were put into that situation.
"She trusts me." Ian said, "But this is exactly why we can't trust you."
"What?" Tammy asked.
"Tammy, (Name) and I have been together for a few months now. She's the one I want to be with." Ian said, "I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but I can't tutor you if this is how you're going to act."
"You really love her, don't you?" Tammy asked as she started to pick up her things.
"L-love?" Ian asked, his face turning red.
Neither one of you had said "I love you" yet, and sure, he called you love, but that was different, right?
"I'm sorry, Ian." Tammy muttered, "I just... I don't know what I was thinking would happen, but maybe I should have a different tutor."
Ian was grateful Tammy accepted that. Judging by the complete turn around in her actions, it was safe to assume she felt a little embarrassed that things didn't work the way she thought it would. Ian pulled out his phone, sending you a text apologizing and asking if you could talk after class.
~~~
When the bell rang, Ian hurried to your class. You hadn't replied to his text, so maybe you hadn't read it yet. When he saw you in the hallway though, he knew something had to be wrong. You had looked at him and hurried the other way. Before he could catch up to you, he felt someone grab his arm.
"What the heck is going on?" Gabby asked.
"Why'd (Name) take off like that?" Ian asked.
"Why do you think?" Gabby asked, sounding irritated.
"What are you mad at me for?" Ian asked as he gave the elf girl a confused look.
The bell rang again, making Gabby sigh, "Let's talk in class."
Once they had gotten settled in their english class, Gabby turned to face Ian.
"So let me get this straight." Gabby said, "You go and tutor a girl you know is interested in you, even though it makes (Name) uncomfortable-"
"I didn't know Tammy liked me." Ian said.
"Let me finnish." Gabby continued, "You do that, then you send a text that says 'I'm so sorry, can we talk after class?' and that's it?!"
Oh shantars talon, that sounded so bad out of context.
"That's not how I meant it to sound!" Ian exclaimed.
The class turned and looked at the now blushing elf. When everyone went back to what they were doing, Gabby turned her attention back to him.
"I figured that was the case, but do you think I could convince (Name)?" Gabby said, "She's scared that you're wanting to break up with her. She was already upset that she fought with you, then you hit her with that."
"What do I do?" Ian asked.
Gabby pulled a large bar of chocolate from her bag and handed it to Ian.
"I was going to save that for later, but I think you need this more." She said, "Give it to (Name). It's not going to fix things, but it's a start."
~~~
It was the last class of the day, and you had received several texts from Ian asking to talk to you once school let out. You were scared he was going to break up with you, but you knew you'd have to face him at some point. Once class let out, you went to meet him at the same stairwell you had your first kiss.
"(Name)!" Ian met you halfway down the stairs, "I'm so sorry how that text came off. I don't want to break up!"
"You don't?" You asked, surprised but relieved.
"No!" Ian said, pulling you into a hug, "And I'm sorry I didn't listen to you."
"I'm sorry I got so jealous." You said, returning the hug.
"Jealous?" Ian gave you a confused look, "Why would you be jealous?"
You blushed reluctantly looking at him, "I may need a math tutor too."
Ian laughed, kissing your forehead, "Next time just tell me."
"Alright." You muttered.
"Oh," Ian pulled away, digging through his bag till he pulled out the large bar of chocolate, "This is for you. Mainly to say sorry, but also you were right."
"What happened?" You asked, taking the chocolate.
"Well, I talked to Tammy, she apologized, and she's going to get a new tutor." Ian explained.
"Really?" You gave him a surprised look.
"Yeah." He nodded, "Why don't we go to my place and I can tutor you instead?"
"Alright." You smiled as Ian put his arm around your shoulder.