Chapter 1

Kusuo Saiki slid his glasses on as he looked into the camera with a sly smirk. He raced out the door and looked up to the sky to see a meteor with a blazing trail. Fortunately he knew how to stop it, but there were a few setbacks. For one thing, he hadn't used his powers in weeks, and since the device his brother gave him only worked a little, not all of his powers worked. For example, he was usually able to sense people coming and read their minds, but now all he could hear were his own thoughts. And even though he never told anyone, recently he had begun to feel things. Not things like pain or awkwardness, but things like happiness, even when it didn't involve coffee jelly. However, he kept this to himself because the strange emotions he had been noticing were pretty mild, and he only caught himself feeling them a few times.

As Saiki stepped outside he immediately saw that there were people outside. "Idiots!" He thought, "The news told everyone to find shelter, you could die for god's sake! Ugh.. yare yare." He knew right away that people would see him teleport, but that wasn't his top priority right now. As much as he didn't want to, he teleported to a large hill fairly close to where he lived. His reasoning for doing this was that if he was close to the meteor, there was a better chance that he could send it back into space, even if his powers were weaker than usual. Kusuo estimated that the meteor would smash into Japan in about an hour, maybe less. He removed both his limiters and put them in his pocket, as he had put them back in out of habit before he left his home. Then, he caught himself getting nervous, his fists clenched in fear. Kusuo started strategizing before he heard someone breathing heavily, slowly staggering up the hill.