Chapter 10

Kiss. Screams. Slam. Kiss. Screams. Slam. The same events played over and over in Saiki's mind as he tried to calm his heart rate down. His parents were outside of his door trying to convince him to open it, but he was too focused on what happened to even care. After about ten minutes he opened the door, but only his mother was still standing there. "Ku, what happened? Are you hurt? Do you need me to ki- I mean talk to someone for you?" She said in a patient voice that made Saiki want to scream.

"No, it's fine. I need to go talk to someone though."

"Ok, well we'll be here when you get back if you want to talk to us."

"Thanks."

This was weird for Mrs. Saiki to hear, Kusuo never thanked his parents for anything before (but only because they were never really helpful). Kusuo teleported and landed outside of Teruhashi's house. There were still some students walking home from school so he ducked into a restroom building for a few minutes. "What do I even say to her.. I'm mad that she did that in front of everyone, but still.. I'm not mad at her." When everyone had made it home Kusuo nervously came out of the building and walked across the street to the front of Teruhashi's house. He sighed before ringing the doorbell.

Meanwhile, Teruhashi paced around her living room before jumping back and yelping at the sound of the doorbell. Her brother caught her and they locked eye contact for a second before Teruhashi shoved him away. He smiled creepily at her before she came up and slapped him, hard. "Sigh, even your violence is cute somehow. You could slap me forever and I wouldn't get tired of it." Completely tired of her brothers disgusting actions, she answered the door and like she had expected, Saiki was there waiting. Although he looked less angry then she thought he would, he almost looked.. scared?

"Hey Saiki, uh.. wh-what are you doing here?"

"You know why, we need to talk."

"Ok? MAKOTO, I'LL BE BACK BY DINNER!"

Her brother peered up from the top of the couch he was sitting on, only to slump back down in fear. "Teruhashi, your going with t-that guy? Do you want me to come? I need, I mean want you to be safe. With me. Alone-" Teruhashi shut the door, cutting him off. "Ugh, he's so gross. Let's go." The two walked in quiet for a while until Teruhashi broke the silence.

"So.. about today-"

"Do you have any idea how pissed off I am that you did that in front of the entire grade."

"Well, I thought you'd appreciate me caring about you."

"I do like that you care about me, but there are other ways to tell me that."

"Well, how?"

"You could have just told me. With words.

"Oh your one to talk about using words. You barely talk at all actually-"

"I know that. The reason for that is because I don't want to be noticed by anyone. I already told you when I was explaining my powers."

"...I want to date you. Not because your not into me, but because I've fallen for you, Saiki. You know that, so why can't you just.."

"Don't change the subject, you kissed me in front of the entire 10th grade and now everyone will hate me because you like me-"

"Did you like it?"

"..What?"

"When I kissed you, if I would have done it without other people watching.. would you have liked it?"

Teruhashi waited for Saiki's response. He didn't answer for a solid minute before she and him made eye contact and he started to respond after a few excruciating seconds of bitter silence.

AN:

HAH CLIFFHANGER! Sorry sorry, this chapter's getting really long. This is my first authors note, and I just wanted to thank you guys for the support. As of when I'm writing this, we have 71 views and the numbers are only getting higher! I hope your enjoying the story so far, and please, let me know if there's some things I could improve :)