Chapter 8

The two of them walked down the broken streets and sidewalks, talking as they started to know each other better. Saiki took his hand back after letting Teruhashi hold on to it for a few minutes, he felt like his heart was going to explode, as he wasn't used to touching other people. Teruhashi knew that Saiki wouldn't talk to his classmates about anything, so she figured that venting to him would be ok. It turns out that Teruhashi had a secret interest in video games, but she couldn't tell anyone because it wasn't considered "girly." She was taught what and what not to say from a very young age, as her parents used to use her as a tool to get free stuff. I mean, who wouldn't say yes to such an adorable, polite little girl? Saiki was surprised at how inconvenient being a Perfect Pretty Girl would be, almost as surprised as Teruhashi was when she learned about how his powers caused him so much annoyance.

Kokomi invited Kusuo back over to her house to play video games, and he agreed (But definitely NOT because he liked spending time with her, ONLY because he felt bad that he almost let her die).

"Shoot! We might have to sneak past my brother to get to my room!"

"It's ok, I think I can teleport."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"No, it's fine. I put my limiters back in so it shouldn't take up too much power. Plus my powers are more controlled with them, so it shouldn't be that hard."

Saiki, in the most awkward way possible, gripped Teruhashi's arm and teleported to her room. When he let go Teruhashi noticed that he was blushing.

"Teehee, Saikiiii."

"What?"

"I see what your doing~"

"I'm confused."

"Your blushing" She said with a dopey smile. This was weird.. nothing unusual ever happened to the color of his face before. He put his hand over his cheeks only to notice that yes, he was indeed blushing. This only made it worse, and Saiki panicked while Teruhashi laughed at him. Sounding defeated (and slightly aggravated), he said "Let's just play the game." Kokomi agreed, but teased him the whole time. And even though Saiki knew how the game would end, he still enjoyed playing with Teruhashi (and killing her multiple times before she begged him to stop). Saiki left after telling Teruhashi that he needed to go fix his house, which was weird at first but then she remembered; "Oh yeah, he's the most powerful force on Earth."

Teruhashi laid in bed, still wide awake. She was disappointed that Saiki still hadn't revealed his love to her. "Damn!" She thought, "This isn't at all what my fantasy was like. We would be together for MONTHS by now." She wasn't going to give up yet though, she knew at least Saiki didn't hate her. He came into her house, so he must not have been THAT bothered by her company, right? The hopeless romantic decided not to put too much thought into it, because she had a plan that was bound to work the next day at school. And even though it could make Saiki the center of attention (which she knew he didn't like), it could also make him the happiest guy in the world.