Chapter 5

"TERUHASHI!" Saiki yelled. "Wake up dammit, wake up!" He shook her and tried yelling some more with his real voice, but it didn't help. He didn't know if it would work, but he tried to heal her with a power he didn't even really use before he tried to get rid of his abilities. "This has to work.. if it doesn't then.. I don't know what to do.." He put his hands on where her heart would be and tried using his healing power, but it didn't work the way Saiki wanted it to. "Why am I so weak during the ONE TIME someone actually needs me." He wondered, his mind screaming at him to do something more. The only thing Kusuo could do was get Teruhashi's heart to start again, but it beat slower than normal. He decided that he needed to get her to a hospital. Quickly.

He located one about three blocks away, which might take to long to get her to before it's too late. Besides, what could the doctors do anyway? Of course Kusuo didn't have his phone on him, and he could see his house was too dangerous to take her into because of the broken glass in the inside and outside. He decided that his best bet was the hospital, but he would need to carry her there. He carried her in his arms wedding-style as the made their way down the cracked sidewalks and pothole-filled streets. Surprisingly, walking there only took around five minutes, but Saiki's legs were weakened from using his power without limiters on Kokomi to help her. He ripped open the door and put Teruhashi's lifeless arm around his shoulders to carry her. He walked quickly toward the receptionist with a slight limp.

"Where's the doctor, my gi- my friend isn't breathing and hasn't been for at least ten minutes. I got her heart beating but it's slow and getting slower." The receptionist looked up from his computer with an annoyingly blank expression on his face. "Sorry sir but the doctor is currently seeing another patient. The emergency room is down that hallway, but the wait in there is at least five minutes." Saiki, irritated by the lack of urgency the man had, nodded his head and hurried down the hallway, his limp getting even worse. When he arrived there were some people, but still lots of open chairs. He put Kokomi down in one and noticed her chest rising and falling very lightly.

He almost smiled with relief, but as he sat down he still remembered that she still wasn't ok. Kusuo wondered why he cared about Teruhashi so much, as he hadn't before. But then it hit him. Since he never liked anyone or even cared about anyone before his powers were taken away, he asked Kaidou what a crush felt like a few months ago, just out of curiosity. Kaidou described it as wanting to be around someone all the time, and wanting to hold their hand.

Saiki realized something that almost made his heart jump out of his chest.

Saiki had a crush on Teruhashi. Just liked Kaidou had explained it.